Chapter 40

August,

I finally pulled up to woodcreek lake seeing renae car. I followed the path to the boardwalk seeing her sitting there with her phone in her hand. Her hair was wet which confused me.

"Nae" she turned around as I sat down beside her.

"What happened" I asked.

"It like ever since Richard came , my mom has been a different women. I will always love that lady but its like she changing. She is going back to her old ways."

"What you mean" I asked.

"Ever since my dad left, she felt as if our family wasn't complete. Since Richard and Caroline came she basically stayed around them. She's barely here when I need her. I just feel out of place. I dont wanna go back there" she said. I wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

"What happened today?" I asked. She look disappointed.

"I maybe have uh cussed at them about not inviting me to family night. " she mumbled. I sighed.

"Nae I know you was mad but --

"August its like I'm not even there anymore. I just felt mad that they thought I didn't want to spend time with them. I just want my mom" she said.

"I say you should go home and talk to ha." I said.

"I can't not today. I feel bad for cussing. Then Richard bum ass tried to talk to me like he was my dad. Its just fishy how he comes into my life like he knew me forever"she said.

"You can stay with me for a bit. " I said.

"Thank you Aug" she sighed laying her head on my shoulder.

"Let's go get you some clothes" I said.

---------------
Renae,

"What happens if my mom comes here to find me" I said.

"Dont worry about that. I need you to relax and calm down" he said kissing my forehead. I plopped on the bed laying my head on the pillow

"Your not pouting are you?" He asked.

"No" I dragged. I closed my eyes and started humming a song.

"I can see it on your face" he said by my ear. I opened my eyes to look right into his.

"I can't help it"

"Yes you can. Smile"

"It ain't that easy" I mumbled turning over. He sighed laying beside me pulling my body close.

"Well put a smile on your face because we about about to graduate and continue with life. I know its hard to do it but probably talking to your mom is one step forward. Dont hold this grudge" he mumbled kissing my neck.

"Now how you going to say something so passionate but turn in freaky in a couple seconds" I whispered.

"There she go" he laughed making me get butterflies in my stomach.

"You made me this way" I said.

"How?" Have he not seen himself in the mirror or something.

"Just know you made me me this way" I said. He nodded confused.

"August" Travis busted into the room.

"My bad but do you wanna play 2k with me and sneak?" He asked.

"Yea I'll be down in a minute"

"Ard"

"Do you wanna chill in here or go out there with me?" He asked.

"Im going to take a nap" I told him. He nodded kissing my forehead.

August,

"You about to catch this work Aug" sneak said.

"You thought nigga." I said as he chose his team

"I dont even know why your bluffing. You lose to me every time"he said. Travis started laughing.

"Let's go then" I said. The game started off smooth until it started cheating.

"Let's go... 15 points above you nigga" sneak said. I side eyed him as I made a 3-pointer. I kept doing that until the quarter ended.

"You cheated." Sneak said. I laughed and leaned forward.

"Hell na', you jus' mad" travis chuckled. He was making this game easier for me.

"Let's go" I yelled. Sneak sucked his teeth sighing.

"Talking all that smack and now you can't speak" I said. Travis snickered. Renae came downstairs and sat beside me.

"Wassup nae" sneak said.

"Hi" she laid her head on my shoulder and caressed my hand.

"Either join this tournament and get this L or just sit back and watch" I told her. She sucked her teeth hitting me playfully.

"You know damn well I suck at this game" she whined.

"Better luck next time then"

"Bruh how?" Sneak stood up.

"That's what your ass get.Travis your turn" I said giving him my controller. Today was a pretty good day.
-----------------

I just want to thank you all for getting this book to 100k views. This chapter was supposed to be publish yesterday on my birthday but wattpad deleted half of it. I decided to rewrite what I remembered.

Comment and vote

~BR££💜