Ch.11

On the Tourney FieldThe Fighting Knights and the Sherwood Falcons were tied

The Fighting Knights and the Sherwood Falcons were tied.

The scoreboard read 2:2 with forty-seven seconds left on the clock. Cheerleaders, including Audrey, clapped, chanted, and danced. Jane, the mascot, in a knight's suit of armor, jumped up and down with them. An announcer stood on the field with a golden microphone, as the teams got into their huddles and took up positions along the kill zones.

Mal, Ash, Evie, and Lena stood in the bleachers, watching Jay, Stefan, Carlos, and Rick down on the bench.

Coach looked at Jay and said "You're up!"

Jay grabbed Stefan, Carlos, and Rick and said "Coach! How about my buddies here?"

Coach said "Hmmm, not so sure about that,"

Jay said "Coach, they've been practicing. And you said yourself a team was made up of a bunch of parts."

Carlos said "Jay, we're not that good,"

Jay said "Well, they're kind of like my brain,"

Coach called three players off the field. Then, he turned to the three boys and tossed them their playing sticks. He barked at them, "You three heard them! Get out there!"

Jay said "Don't forget, our girls are watching." as he mentioned Ash, Lonnie, Lena, and Evie. Jay glanced at Lena and winked at her then, she rolled her eyes. He continued, "Anyways don't worry, bros. I got your backs,"

Rick gulped and said "How 'bout our fronts?"

Jay laughed and gave them a friendly noogie.

Jay, Stefan, Carlos, and Rick trotted out onto the field and took their positions.

The announcer said "He's bringing Jay in from the Isle of the Lost and those three guys Stefan, Carlos, and Rick who can barely hold their shields! And the tip-off is ready. Here we go."

The girls in the stands and the cheerleaders squealed in glee at the sight of Jay suited up. The teams broke from their huddles. The long pass went to Jay. Jay dished it off to Stefan. Carlos blocked a player and did a little jig in his opponent's face. Jay, who was in possession of the ball again, did a hurdling maneuver midfield. He made a nice pass to Ben, who was in the kill zone. Chad did a big block, then passed the ball to Rick. Now Rick was in the clear. He shot the ball, but it was saved by the Falcons' goalkeeper.