Chapter 23

Ilang minute na ang dumaan nang mula nung pinagsusuntok ko sya. Wow. For me to be able to punch the duke of hell is amazing. Pero hindi naman ata sya nasaktan doon.

Nakangiti lang ang mokong habang nakaharap na sya sa akin na nakaupo.

"Okay ask." He said.

"Ask you what?"

"About you wanted to know."

"Ikwento mo nalang."

"Nah. Just ask me. Too lazy to remember all the details."

Ano ba yan. Magkukwento na nga lang tinamad pa.

"So... where did the guy take you?" usisa ko na.

"Upper part of hell." Tipid nyang sagot.

"Who is he?"

"Sya ang naghihintay sa baba nang hagdan nang bagong dating doon para hindi maligaw."

"Eh ano naman kong maligaw? Di ba hell naman yun?"

"Yeah but hell is a vast place. Hell is just like the earth na mas marami lang ang mga masasama. All of us there has our own suffering pero may mga iba pa rin na nang aangkin o nangsasakop ng lugar."

"What do you mean?"

"Many wanted the title Duke."

"How did the title ended to you?" Pagkasabi ko niyon, tiningnan nya ako sa mata and then look away.

"Because I wanted to see someone." He said as he look outside.

"Someone who?"

"Just...someone." Tipid nyang sagot.

"But just wanting to see someone you'll be able to become a Duke? Wee?"

He chuckled. "No."

"Then how?" I wondered.

"At that time I was in pain. The memories, emotions way back when I was still alive were all fresh from my thoughts it is as if It just happen a moment ago. Parang ganun. You won't be able to feel the happy moments. Kung meron ka mang happy moments when you were still alive, parang dadaan lang sa iyo dahil agad namang papalit dun ang mga bad memories and emotions na nadaanan mo nang buhay ka pa."

Nalungkot at nasaktan ako para sa kanya sa sinabi nya na yun.

"Sihon help me to cope up with the situation." Dagdag nya.

"Si Sihon? Yung gustong agawin yung title sayo?"

"Yeah. People change even in hell. Sihon and I were once a close friends."

D ako nakapagsalita.

"I did manage to live with pain as the time goes by. I dunno if it has been days, weeks, months or even years since I've been to hell. I dunno. But I remember, Sihon was always by my side. We were once a good friend and did some ritual that made us brothers."

"So you were not a brother in blood?"

"No. But with friendship."

"We did face a lot of hardship in hell fighting with others who wanted to rule the underworld. But I didn't lose hope. I never lose hope to meet the person again until Sihon told me that he hear from one of the Angels that the person I wanted to meet was reincarnated. So when I hear that news, even if the Angels are fearsome creatures in Hell for they'll torture us to death, I did not entertain the fear that is starting my body to feel to ask them what I wanted to know."