Epilogue

EPILOGUE

Time went by quicker than expected. It has been five years since Max brought himself back into my life. Things hadn't been easy like always. After the Ava incident, we were able to focus on the arrival of the baby. Max got so into the daddy role that he didn't even want Reeve's help with setting up the nursery. He put the crib up, painted the walls of the nursery all alone. He would have even put away the baby's toiletries and clothes if I hadn't insisted on doing it myself. Max detested seeing me up and walking, always suggesting I needed to rest. Unfortunately, at seven months of pregnancy, I had to leave Kerrington Enterprises due to pregnancy complications that were being caused by stress. Dr. Williams had warned me that if I wanted to have a healthy baby, I had to leave earlier than expected. Those weeks I spent home alone - while Max was at work, I was able to plan Mia's first birthday party. If I was honest, I never expected Max to be present for her birthday party or even her life and mine but to be able to celebrate her first birthday together, as a happy family was incredibly overwhelming in the best way.

Bliss and Reeve got married a few weeks after and left for their honeymoon to come back - two weeks later - with a surprising news. Bliss was pregnant with twins. Of course at the time she didn't know it was double trouble she was getting but nonetheless they were incredibly excited, being first time parents. I was equally excited since Mia was going to have cousins and Reeve will now be able to be a full-time dad, not needing Mia for it - not that it bothered me. Mum and Dad had also been ecstatic with the news as well as Reeve's parents. By the time, Bliss started showing I was almost due.

The baby arrived a few weeks earlier than expected and it hadn't been the best experience for neither Max nor me.

"Max!" I shouted from the room as the unbearable cramps increased. They had been consistent for the past ten minutes.

I moaned in pain as I stood up from the bed. As I was on my feet, I felt a trickle of liquid go down the inside of my legs, in an increased amount. It was red. Starting to feel dizzy, I held myself up, grabbing the corner of the nightstand. I didn't notice when Max entered the room but he was suddenly by my side. It was becoming harder and harder to stay up. I could only faintly hear Max saying, "Stay with me, baby. Stay with me." While he spoke to someone else. Who was in the house? And when did they arrive? I thought as everything turned black.

The sound of sirens filled my ears... Moving... bumping... strange voices... beeping... and unknown sounds. I tried opening my eyes but I just fell back into oblivion along with a never-ending, high pitched beep.

***

The next time, I woke up I was greeted by an unfamiliar room. Everything was white and several machines were attached to me, taking everything in, I realized I was at the hospital. My hands went to my stomach, the hard bump from the baby's presence no longer there. Anxiety and panic, started to set in. A nurse entered my room and started to calm me down.

"Everything's fine, Ms. Daniels" She spoke in an overly-sweet voice.

"My baby" I said, as my voice cracked from the dryness in my throat.

"A healthy baby boy," She answered, smiling and removing the oxygen mask I had. I exhaled as a wave relief consumed me at her words, the panic disappearing "Mr. Wilde will come in, in a minute. He was waiting for you to wake up to name the baby"

"W-what happened?" I remembered being home and calling for Max but after that everything was a blur.

"Your placenta detached, causing you to hemorrhage." She explained. This was what Dr. Williams had warned me from. I didn't think it would end up happening. I did rest and didn't stress as I was instructed. "But everything is and will be okay with you and the baby" she added before leaving the room, explaining she'll be back later.