Chapter 28

I'm giving up sleep for you guys. 

.

.

.

Chapter 28

Alessio stormed out of the elevator. He turned his head to the side and grabbed Dr. Morgan's arm. He turned her around and gave her a frantic look. "What happened?" he demanded.

Dr. Morgan sighed and pulled him into their office, away from prying eyes. "Someone came in and cuffed Ashley to the bed. We think he might have harassed her sexually."

Alessio's eyes widened. "Where is she?" he asked her.

"In her room."

Alessio nodded his head. "Come with me." he demanded. It took everything he had to stay calm when all he wanted to do was to put a bullet through a f*cker's head. But he had to stay calm in order to find out what had happened.

"She's sleeping right now," Dr. Morgan whispered, walking alongside Alessio. They got to Ashley's door and she opened it up.

Alessio nodded his head and walked in. His heart beat painfully in his chest, staring at the tear-stained face of Ashley. Her hair were scattered in all direction and had been coated with sweat. He lips were swollen and the side of her cheek looked red and raw. Yet, she was still beautiful.

He walked over to her and sat down on the chair. He brushed strands of her hair away from her face and wiped off the sweat that had formed on her forehead.

"Do you know who did this to her?" he asked, glaring up at Dr. Morgan.

Dr. Morgan looked down. "I didn't see his face, no one did. We only got a glimpse of his back as he walked out. We heard Ashley screaming and didn't think much until we came in and saw her cuffed to the bed."

Alessio closed his eyes and clenched his fist. This was his fault. Had he been here at the hospital, maybe he could have prevented Ashley from getting hurt. Maybe he could have saved her from the pain.

"Did he—"

"There are no physical signs of rape but something must have happened. The look of Ashley's face was filled with horror." Dr. Morgan walked over and placed a hand on Alessio's shoulder. "We need to upgrade our security."

"Have someone stand guard outside her room. Only permit her family members to come in." Alessio shrugged her hand off and stood up. He looked down at Ashley's face. Without thinking, he leaned down and kissed her forehead.

"What about her ex-husband? Could he have been the one who did this? He did assault one of the nurses."

Alessio shook his head. "It's not him. Dante is blinded by lies but he would never stoop as low as this. The person who did this, he's someone who would do anything just to get what he wants. He wants Ashley and he will stop at nothing until he gets her."

"She's due soon. We can't have something like this happen again." Morgan muttered.

He nodded. "I'm not leaving anytime soon. Not until we find him so I can send a bullet through his head."

Morgan gasped. "Do you solve everything using violence?"

Alessio looked at her. "You don't hurt the ones I care about and expect me not to hurt you." he answered, not hesitating for a second.

Morgan gulped and then looked down at Ashley. "Are you going to ever tell her about—"

"Not after what just happened." Alessio wrapped his fingers around the railings of the bed. His knuckles turned white and his veins threatened to pop.