26- Ultimatum

I pulled away the top of my t-shirt from my neck and using the reflection of the bathroom mirror I saw the puncture marks that rested on the crook of my neck.

I gently touched them with the tip of my index finger, cherishing the feel of having my mates mark on my skin. A smile came over my entire face that was so wide that I could swear that I could see all my thirty two teeth.

"Little Rogue? You've been in the bathroom for a long time now, care to come out?" Arden knocked the door with an impatient sigh.

I turned the door knob, only to drool over a shirtless Arden standing with his arms crossed in front of his bare chest and a concentrated frown on his face.

"You're always frowning Arden, learn to smile a little will you?" I grinned when I saw the corner of his mouth tug up slightly.

"I always smile when I'm with you Little Rogue." I leaned against the door and gave him an incredulous expression.

"No, it's a fifty-fifty, you smile some and you frown some." He shook his hand in an attempt to brush off the topic.

"That's not important, I really need to go to go where you just came out from, so if my dearest marked mate will excuse me." He gave me a gentle shove, entered the bathroom and attempted to close the door, but before he could I kissed his mark and the result was almost instant.

I found myself wrapped in my mates arms once more, kissing feverishly and greedily. The marking had mixed our scents together and it made my wolf extremely excited. Out bond was stronger that ever before and so was my desperate desire to give myself up to him completely, but I wasn't sure I was ready. Scars took time to heal, and while mating may be considered something special and pure, I had seen my mother get raped. Not by her mate ofcourse, but a thing like that sticks in your mind and haunts you.

"Little Rogue, as much as I'm enjoying this, you need to stop tempting me and luring me away from the bathroom." He whispered in my ear, slightly nibbling my ear lobe.

"How about a no?" I whispered back.

"You'll regret this, Little Rogue."

"I'll only ever regret letting you go." I smiled and giving him a last little kiss, I walked out of the room, desperate for a good heavy breakfast since my stomach was getting hunger pangs and I needed to fill it up.

I almost skipped down the stairs and I noticed that the pack members near me were looking unusually cheerful, a few of them have me knowing looks and whispered within themselves with smirks on their faces, but I knew what they were saying.

The Luna is marked.

"Good morning Castile, Benjamin!" I greeted the Beta and the Delta.

"Congratulations Luna." Ben wished me and I thanked him. Castile cocked his head to the side and observed me for a few moments before taking a sniff of the surroundings, his eyes lighting up.

"You're marked!" He said and I rolled my eyes.

"I don't know what gave it away to my Beta!" Arden said dryly, coming from behind me and resting his hand on my lower back, but I could sense his happiness, stronger than ever now.

"Don't be mean, Arden. Cassy is just a little, uhm, slow in understanding such matters." I laughed and Castile glared at me.

"He was dropped on his head when he was a baby, can't really blame him." Benjamin butted in.

"Don't look at her like that." Arden ordered Castile who switched his glare to Arden.

He was about to say something when the window broke into pieces and glass shards came flying towards myself with speed, I covered my head as a reflex reaction but I didn't feel anything touch me.

I opened my eyes to see Castile, Benjamin and Arden standing in front of me with broken glass pieces sticking to their bodies.

"Are all of you okay?" I asked out of habit, though it was clear that the cuts were deep. We were werewolves but blood loss is dangerous for us. I checked Arden to see if there were any deep cuts and was satisfied when I saw that he had only suffered from minor scratches, the same was the story with Benjamin but Castile had a piece logged into his arm which I pulled out to prevent infection, wrapping a cloth I saw nearby around his arm.

"Alpha Arden Jackson." A male voice called from outside. His voice was one of a fathers, sturdy but caressing, but I knew that whatever he was here for, it wasn't good.

Arden's eyes were black and he marched to the broken window with his body shaking in rage. Deep growls were rumbling at the back of his throat and despite my protests Castile also followed Arden.

By now a majority of the pack was coming out and going to the lawn with growls of hatred echoing off the trees. A circle was formed around the single man who stood there, with a face to match his voice and a solemn expression on his face.

Arden caught his neck and started to choke him, I rushed forward and the pack parted to let me to the centre.

The man's honey eyes flickered to me and recognition flashed in them and then surprise.

"Who sent you?" Arden growled but the mans eyes stayed locked on mine.

"Who sent you!" Arden roared this time, and everyone flinched at the intensity of their Alpha's command.

"Alp-pha Lincoln-" He was thrown down the minute the devil was mentioned. The man held his throat and was looking around with fearful eyes, but even in them I saw a little hope when they met mine. Arden noticing where his eyes were stood in front of my body covering me from the mans view.

"The Alpha wants her." He pointed at me. "He-he has sent me with an ultimatum, hand her over or expect your pack destroyed." He murmured softly.

Arden went over to him, I knew what was coming and as much as I wanted to, I couldn't look away. I stood frozen on my spot as Arden killed him right in front of all of the pack, minus the pups. But before that the man had closed his eyes and said two words that made made the entire packs eyes snap to me.

"Alpha Conrad."

---*---

A/N: In case ya'll do not remember, Little Rogue, aka Rose's surname is Conrad.

Please continue reading, voting and commenting! Cause I love reading my readers thoughts :)