Chapter Six

***SHANE POV***

I stare at the car with love. The Black 1993 Mazda RX-7 rolls to a stop in front of me and I listen to the purr of the engine. Oh Man this car was beautiful! Allen gets out of the Drivers side and leans against the door, a smirk on his face.

"Should I leave you two alone for a few minutes?" He asks with a teasing tone. I just snap my mouth shut and grin at him before going over to the other side and getting in, tossing my small bag in the back with his. He eases himself in and hands me his IPod before pulling out of the parking lot. I instantly go to Prospect hill's playlist and play a song.

"Come alive come alive You're wasting time Come alive come alive Open those eyes Don't you wanna to feel Anything that is real It's time for you to care And face up to all your fears Come alive." Allen grins.

"This is my favorite song by them." He says and sings along to the music as he drives. I listen to his voice as he sings, it was so deep and smooth, hitting all the right notes.

"You are an amazing Singer." I say and he blushes.

"I was in the chorus in High school, had all the male solo parts." He says with small pride. I laugh and lean back in my seat.

"So can I know where we are going yet?" I asked. It was Saturday afternoon and we didn't have any classes, He had said he had the perfect date for us. He gives me a small smile.

"You said you wanted to know my family, get to know who I was right?" I nod, wondering where he was going with this. "Well my brother and Oliver are having a cook out at our house and my whole family will be there, Me, Rolland Annabel, Oliver, Oliver's Twin Sister Jeremi, her boyfriend and her daughter, Oliver's best friend Kenna, Oliver and Jeremi's parents. Everyone." He says. I notice how he leaves out his own parents and I cant help put ask.

"What about your parents?" His body goes rigid in the seat as if I had shocked him with a tazer, his knuckles white as he grips the steering wheel.

"They wont be there." He growls, the finality clear in his tone Screaming at me to not ask. I just nod and look out the window. About ten minutes later he relaxes, "So we have a Black lab named Panther, He is a handful so dont be surprised if he jumps on you and shit." He says with ease. I grin. I LOVED dogs. We drive the rest of the two hours until we pull into the driveway of a two story adobo style home. It was beautiful, the sandy colored outside with red shutters and red roof, small potted plants in the front lining the front steps. We get out of the car and I instantly hear the sounds of laughter and talking coming from around back. Allen grabs our bags from the back seat and hands me mine before leading me around the house to a gate which he opens and I am hit by the sounds the Barbeque. The first thing I see is a pool, which had the Small girl I had seen that first day, little floaties on her arms as she splashes around squealing. I laugh when I notice there was a large black lab swimming around with her, almost like he was watching her. Allen sees and grins. "Panther is very protective of Annie, he always goes in the pool when she's in there." He explains. We close the gate and make our way further into the back yard. The Man at the Grill looks up and I Recognize him from that first day. Rolland Smiles when he sees his brother.

"AL you Made it after All! Oh and you brought your roommate, Shane right?" He calls as we make our way over to him. I nod and grin as I shake his hand.

"Yes Sir, You have an amazing home by the way. Its beautiful, You don't find many Adobo homes around here." I say. Oliver slides in behind Rolland and wraps his arms around his waist with a smile.

"That's what I thought. I begged Rolland to buy maybe a year after High school, the apartment we were living in was getting to small." He says kissing his husband's cheek. I smile at the free affection the two showed. A girl who was reclining in a lounge chair rolls her eyes.