Sebastian x Shy!Reader (Black Butler) One-Shot

It was a quiet Sunday morning for the Phantomhive manor, and tonight was the party for the earl's 13th birthday. It has been three months since I moved into this job, since it would have been the best for me to work in such place rather than working at an old barn that used to live in.

I walked out of my room in a maid's clothing, similar to Mey-rin's, and took a deep breath. 'Perfect', I thought. I soon walked down the hallways and looked around for Mr. Sebastian. He was the one who hired me to become the maid of the Phantomhive manor. At first I thought of Sebastian as my boss, but that changed quickly to a friend, then to my secret crush. But the problem was, I wasn't much of a talkative type and I don't really speak to anyone at all.

I was shy, I didn't have that much of a social filter, and I don't have any ways of confessing my love to Sebastian. I was also scared of being rejected by him, I thought that I wasn't the type for him. So, I decided to stay quiet whenever I'm around him. 

I walked down the hallways and found Mey-rin carrying a number of plates, wobbling back and forth.

"Ummm. Mey-rin, do you need any help?" I asked politely.

"No, No, No. It's f-fiiiiiiine!!!" Said Mey-rin, before she took another step. Then she tripped over her foot and fell down along with the plates, near to breaking them. luckily, I caught most of the plates with both of my hands and caught two with my foot. I set them down slowly and heard a clap behind me. I look back and see Mr. Sebastian clapping and gave a smile to me.

"Really, Mey-rin. How many times do I have to tell you, NOT to carry no more than 20 plates? Not 40." Sebastian said in an unsatisfied voice.

"Mey-rin, allow (Y/N) to help you carry those plates for the party tonight. And (Y/N), I know this is your first day of your work and you haven't been properly trained yet, but this will be your first job of the day". Sebastian said calmly.

"Y-Yes, Mr. Sebastian! Right away!" Mey-rin responded quickly as she began to carry the plates before her eyes. I also nodded and carried a few plates for her and followed her.

Time skip     

I waited along side with Mr. Sebastian and saw the Earl and other aristocrats enjoying themselves within the party. I also saw Baldo the chef, Finny the gardener, and of course Mey-rin the maid, all enjoying themselves and helping other guests during the party. Most of them danced and some were at tables talking to one another. I looked around, waited for someone to call me and help them. But Sebastian suddenly held my hand from behind and said,

"May I have this dance?" I looked behind me and saw his handsome smile.

"But Mr. Sebastian, I do not know how to dance". I tell him shyly, thinking it would be the best not to dance with him because it would have been embarrassing.

"Then I will teach you how". Sebastian holds my hands and starts to move me around in circles, dancing to the music. I try to follow his steps and held his hand tight. He gives me a smile and dances across the room, step by step. It was like a dream, I never came this close to Sebastian before. Then I started to get the rhythm, following Sebastian's steps.

By the time the dance was over, I looked at Sebastian and smiled.

"Thank you for the dance, Seb- I mean, Mr. Sebastian". I quickly fix what I said. "Sebastian, please do call me Sebastian. I feel old when you call me Mr, So please, call me by my regular name". Sebastian kisses my hands and winks. "Thank you, Sebastian. I appreciated the dance". I said to him nicely.

Then Sebastian comes close to my ear and says, "Meet me in the garden". He smiles and leaves the party room.

After the party was over, I did what Sebastian told me to do. I walked outside into the garden and waited for Sebastian. I wondered why Sebastian wanted me out in the garden alone, either he needed to say something to me in secret or it's something else.

I felt a brush through my legs and saw a black cat standing underneath me. 'Awwww', I thought to myself. I kneel down to pet the cat and it gave out a purr as I put my hands on its back.

"Soft and Luxurious, isn't it?" I heard a voice behind me, which forced me to stand up quickly. Sebastian walked towards me and also petted the cat. "These creatures are so delicate, I do adore them. These so-called cats, do remind me of someone I know". I looked at him in confusion and wondered who that person was.

"Is that person delicate to you as well?" I asked. He responded quietly, "Yes, and that person stands close to me as a maid". I blinked of a moment, thinking it was probably Mey-rin whom he likes. "Oh, Is that so..." I said quietly. I had loved him for the past two months and I have not yet confessed to him. Besides, why would he love me when I just met him months ago? I stayed silent and felt sad afterwards.

Then Sebastian notices that I feel sad, he looks at me with his hand on my chin, forcing me to look at him. "(Y/N), there is something I did want to give to you". Sebastian said as he pressed his lips onto mine quickly before I say something. I was shocked at the kiss, but melted into it after a minute past, slowly closing my eyes and hugged Sebastian around his neck. Soon we both parted for air and looked into each other's eyes. I get this emotional feeling afterwards and grip my chest tightly.

"Sebastian?" I asked, still holding onto my chest and looking at him. "I love you, (Y/N). Forever." "I love you too, Sebastian." We embraced each other as the night passes along the sky.