Chapter 27

A/N

A bit of Jadesy sadness and fluff here ha 

- Jade -

"Why didn't you tell her?!" Jesy exclaimed, causing me to flinch.

"She didn't want anything to do with me anymore, Jes. There's no point in telling her now," I spoke with a soft tone as I carefully folded my clothes.

"So you're just going to leave to Paris without telling the girl you've been in love with for god knows how long?"

I looked at her with a blank expression. "What does it look like?"

She let out a deep sigh before plopping down on my bed. "But what about school?" she tried to reasoned out.

"Norma already applied for me to sit for my GCSEs in Paris. Didn't think I would leave just like that, did you?" I chuckled lightly. 

She groaned aloud at my response, causing me to roll my eyes playfully. "Right, I forgot how much of a nerd you are," she huffed out. I let out a gasp, feigning hurt as I threw one of my bras in her face.

"What about meeee?" she whined as she stomped her fists on the bed continuously, resembling a 5 year old throwing a tantrum. 

"What about you?" I teased. Her head snapped in my direction as she sent me a glare, causing me to giggle. "We'd still be best friends, darling. We would facetime, text and still do whatever we always do," I shrugged.

I know it's easier said than done, but if I keep on thinking about the negatives, I would never be able to leave this place. A small sigh escaped my lips as I zipped up my last luggage. Finally.

"You say it like it's easy. You'd probably find some cool french girl on your first day and become best friends forever and ever and then she'd teach you French and cook French food for you and then bam, Jesy Nelson has been replaced by a French chef"

I rose an eyebrow as I watched her ramble in amusement, a small smile playing on my lips. "Jes, that's never gonna happen and you know it," I chuckled as I took a place on the bed beside her.

"I hope so," she said softly, turning to face me. I nodded, smiling at my best friend. "I can't believe you're leaving tomorrow," she sniffled as I witnessed a few tear drops fall from her eye. 

"Jesy, stop. You're not making this any easier for me," I chuckled nervously as I felt a lump forming in my throat and tears welling up in my eyes as well. 

She then sat up abruptly, grabbing onto my arm, surprising me a little. "Then don't leave. Please, Jade, you've been the only one to know whatever I've been through and you're the only one who understands. I'd be lost without you," she sobs in between her words.

I can't help but feel so, so guilty. I'm a selfish person who only thought about my relationship. Not once did I ever consider Jesy's take on this. Not only was she there for me, she stayed with me through every milestone and challenged I encountered. 

The evaluation of my decision to suddenly migrate suddenly hit me all at once, upon hearing my best friend's sobs. 

"I-I'm so sorry, Jes.. I can't do anything now except promise that I will always be by your side, okay?" I asked but she kept on hiccuping and letting out sobs.

I grabbed hold of her two wrists, forcing her to look at me. "Jesy, babe, come on. You're not going to ever be alone, okay? This will not change anything. Never and I mean never hesitate to ring me if things aren't going right. Do you hear me?" I asked, softly. 

She stared at my face for a little while before nodding. I nodded as well before wiping away her tears. "Good. Now, you're sleeping over so go get changed" I smacked her bum, causing her to squeal before getting up and into the bathroom. 

I sighed softly as I heard the bathroom door close. I hope this actually worth it. 

--

"JADE AMELIA, GET UP WE'RE GOING TO PARIS" I heard the loud voice belonging to my mother before I felt the blanket being pulled away from my body.

I groaned aloud, flipping over to my stomach and feeling myself doze off again. Until I felt something soft hitting the back of my head. 

"Mum, stooop. I want sleep," I mumbled, taking the pillow she threw at me and placed it below my face for comfort.

"Jes, hun, would you please be a sweetheart and wake her up for me," I heard my mother asked Jesy before the door closed. 

"OWWWW," I whined as I felt a sudden sting on my bum. "Get your lazy ass up, you're going to Paris"

I sighed as I slowly sat up, looking at her with pleading eyes. She rolled her eyes and pointed to the bathroom. I pouted but eventually followed suit.

-

"Are you sure you don't want to tell Perrie before leaving?" Jesy questions as we walked in the entrance of the airport.

"For the last time, Jesy" I huffed, " She wouldn't even care if I'm leaving. There's no point" She rose an eyebrow in my direction and took out her phone, giving me a challenging look.

"Don't even think about it" I warned. She rolled her eyes and scoffed, keeping her phone back in her pocket. 

We then walked to the check in counter and checked in our luggages. "Alright, make sure to be in the plane in 45 minutes. Thank you," I smiled briefly at the lady at the counter before making our way to the bunch of seats where Jesy was waiting for us. 

"Do you really want to do this?" my mum asked all of a sudden. I looked at her confused, and she just shrugged. "Even if I changed my mind, there's nothing we can do about it" she gave me a sad smile and I just nodded, continuing our way to the seats.

"Thanks for sending us off, Jes. It means a lot," I said softly as I laid my head on her shoulder, taking a bite of my sandwich. "Wouldn't miss it for the world, bub"

The three of us just sat there and chatted, about literally everything. The time where me and Jesy first met, our first sleepover, her first boyfriend. Everything except a certain blonde, and I'm glad neither one of them tried to bring her up. I never realised how much could be spoken about in a span of 45 minutes until I heard a voice booming off the speakers.

"Passengers of flight British Airways 453Q to Paris, France please proceed to Gate 4D"

"I guess that's our cue to go. I'll go in first and leave you two some alone time," my mother said. She gave Jesy a hug and mumbled, "Thank you, love, for everything you've done for Jade. I cannot be more grateful" 

They pulled away and smiled at each other before Norma started making her way towards the gate. 

"I love you, Jesy. So, so, bloody much. Thank you for being the greatest friend a girl could ask for" I swallowed the lump in my throat, not wanting to cry as it would make this process much harder.

She pulled me for a tight hug, feeling wetness in the crook of my neck. "Stop, okay, please stop" I pulled away and wiped her cheeks softly. 

She took a deep breath and nodded. "Okay, we'll turn around. And in the count of three you'll run to the gate. After 20 seconds, I'll turn and make sure I don't see your annoying ass, okay?" she joked, causing me to laugh and saluted her.

"Sir, yes, sir!"

We turned around, back to back. 

"One.." we started off slowly.

"Two.." My voice wavered.

"Last call for flight British Airways 453Q to Paris, France, please proceed to Gate 4D" 

"Three"

It took me a milisecond to realise what I was supposed to do, before sprinting past random people, towards the gate. I felt the tears finally running down my cheeks as the cold air of the air-conditioner hit my face. When I reached the gate, I turned around as if to see if Jesy was in sight.

I wiped my tears as I made my way to the aircraft. As I took my seat, I ignored my mother's questions as I plugged in my earphones.

Perrie Edwards, the things I do because of you.