Preperations {57}

I quickly drove away and relished in what I just did. I just teased my boss. And he fell for it! I felt like I was in this rush of excitement.

He was always the one to leave me hanging and it felt good for once to be the one to leave him hanging. This was the first step I have taken in rejecting him. I knew it wasn't big but progress takes time.

With this thought in my head I parked my car inside Finn's garage. I tried to shake of my guilt and rode up the elevator to his floor. I knocked on the door and he opened it up shirtless again.

"Do have a habit of just not wearing shirts or are you trying to impress me?"

"Well hello to you to. And trust me Lilah if I was trying to impress you then I would have no clothes on right now." he said with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes and stepped inside his room.

"We are ordering out because I didn't get time to cook."

I slumped myself on the couch as Finn ordered some Chinese food. He sat next to me and said, "What was your meeting about yesterday?"

"Oh" I said as I racked my brain for an excuse, "It was some construction adjustments to the first floor"

"Mmhmm" he hummed. I couldn't tell whether he believed it or not but I wasn't going to dwell on it.

"My boss is making me fly to Mexico."

"When?" he asked

"Wednesday morning."

"Well when are you coming back?"

"Umm in about about two weeks he wasn't sure"

"How is he not sure. Who exactly is your boss? I know you work at McKinley Enterprises but who do you report to"

"Ian McKinley"

"McKinley is your personal boss? What are you his PA?"

"Yes" he burst out into laughter at my response and I cracked a smile at his face

"No way. You don't seem like the type to deal with him. McKinley is probably the worst boss I have ever met. He pays well but he's a sneak in the business world. He takes shortcuts and just cares about himself and not who he has to destroy to get what he wanted"

It was cliche how they both didn't like each other. I idly wondered if there was a personal reason as to why Finn didn't like him since Finn was generally a friendly guy.

"Well he has his bad days but he's overall a decent boss" I don't know why I was defending him but a part of me didn't like people bad talking him.

"Alright if you say so. But just know that if it ever gets bad then you can always come work for me"

"All the way in New York?"

"Yeah. You and me taking New York."

"I don't know. New York is pretty far" Chicago was my home and I wasn't ready to leave it.

"We wouldn't get much work done" he said as he shifted closer to me. "Because when I'm around all I think about is this" He said as he leaned in closer to me. I unconsciously moved back from him. My head touched the cushion of the couch and Finn moved closer as he brought his head closer to mine.

His lips touched mine and I shut my eyes. I knew this was wrong but I didn't want it to stop. I just kissed Ian an hour ago now I'm kissing Finn. Ian had a girlfriend and I couldn't keep playing these games with him. I had someone who was clearly interested in me so why was I rejecting him?