The Charity Gala {59}

When I woke up I heard laughing sounds and voices. I immediately recognized them as Jason and Maria. I got up and looked around to find my phone. Once I spotted it I walked over to it and saw that it was almost noon.

I quickly rushed into the bathroom and freshened up. Maria walked inside just as I slipped my shorts on. I threw a white t shirt on as she said, "I made an appointment for your hair and makeup at this salon. It's a bit far away since they do really good makeup. The appointment is at 1:30 so hurry up because we have an hour and the place is 45 minutes away."

"Alright thank you" I said since I totally forgot to make an appointment for hair or makeup.

I put on my flip flops and threw my hair into a bun. Jason took my keys and passed me some yogurt and a granola bar.

"Rise and shine" he stated sarcastically, "I will drive as you eat your food." he grabbed his wallet and double checked to make sure his license was inside before we walked out the door.

"Did you schedule a haircut Jason?" I questioned from the back seat of the car.

"Yeah while you're doing your makeup Maria is going to drive me to the barbershop and then she's going to get a hair trim at your salon."

I nodded my head at the plan and ate my yogurt as I looked at my phone for makeup and hair ideas. We soon pulled up to the hair salon and I felt as if I recognized it.

Maria drove Jason towards his barbershop and when I walked inside I knew that I had been here before. This was the salon that Portia took me when she styled me for the first time.

The girl asked for my name and directed me towards a chair. Soon enough another girl came towards me and introduced herself.

"Hi i'm Stephanie and what look would you like for today"

"Well I have this charity event that I'm going to. So my dress is a sparkly black and I'm not sure what I want to do with my hair or makeup."

"Do you have a picture of your dress?" she questioned

I showed her a picture and after complimenting me on it she began to explain to me the kind of looks she wanted to give me.

"I want a dark smoky look for you. I'm thinking a dark eyeshadow. It will be a beautiful ombre so it's not too dark. And for lips since your dress is very sexy a bold dark red lip will look great. For your hair since the dress is backless then you need an updo so that you back is the eye grabber. Does that sound good to you or do you want to make some adjustments?"

"No that sound perfect." she washed my hair and conditioned it first before she started styling. I sat back in my seat and looked up as Maria walked in.

"You said you wanted to do something with your hair?" I asked

"Yeah I just wanted a small trim." she said as she took as seat next to me. Another girl came and started to do her hair too while me and Maria made conversation. Our hairstylists joined in our conversation and by the time my hair was done being styled so was Maria's. And she left to go pick up Jason while Stephanie started doing my makeup.

It was currently 4:30pm and I hoped that Stephanie would finish my makeup on time since we had to get home by 5:30 to get ready.

Jason walked in while my foundation was being put on and he looked great. His hairline was shaped up and his hair was styled. He looked great. After another hour of makeup and retouching my hair Stephanie was done.

Jason quickly paid for the everything as we started our drive home. We were running a little late so Jason rushed through the traffic and we got home at 6:15.