Eleven

On Sunday, Wonwoo didn't leave the house.

It wasn't like he left the house at all normally, this was nothing strange, but he had remained an emo hermit for different reasons than usual, still completely in shock at the kiss and what had happened the day before.

Mingyu had made no attempt to contact him since, apart from the rare Pepe he had tagged him in on tumblr, so Wonwoo was honestly beginning to wonder if he had really fucked up that badly by rejecting Mingyu or if Mingyu was simply humiliated. The Pepe, however, had reassured him that things were still okay between them, and Wonwoo soon realised how insanely drunk Mingyu had actually been, and it was most likely that the younger had forgotten the entire event due to his intoxicated state. Wonwoo recalled getting drunk himself, without consuming half the amount Mingyu had, and forgetting his way home, but to be honest Wonwoo was a complete lightweight and had got drunk on two glasses of wine at his grandma's seventy third birthday party, so he couldn't really make a fair comparison.

Wonwoo thought as he laid flat on his back on his bed after waking up on the Monday morning, one leg and one swinging off the bed, bare toes and slender fingers grazing the carpet. With his other hand, he reached to his mouth and smoothed a thumb over his lips. Mingyu had kissed him, that thought was still replaying itself like a reel of film in his head, in high quality with surround sound in his mind-cinema. Wonwoo closed his eyes, letting out a loud sigh.

He had dreamt of the kiss again, as he had done the night before, and he had actually cried the last time he had dreamt it out of sheer guilt and regret and the way Mingyu had actually cried. Wonwoo couldn't help but wonder if Mingyu had actually meant what he had said. He brushed the thoughts away with a small shake of his head. He was Jeon Wonwoo. Did he really expect Kim fucking Mingyu to like him in that way? He was drunk out of his mind, he probably had no idea what he was doing.

However, despite the rare Pepe and Mingyu's intake of alcohol on Saturday, Wonwoo still dreaded going to school. Again, like staying inside, this was nothing unusual, yet the reasons why certainly were. He didn't have much choice on the matter of avoiding the reason for his school-related dreads. had promised to meet Mingyu every day at the table in the cafeteria by the water cooler for lunch, because they were friends now, and he couldn't let Mingyu feel he had done something wrong if he really had forgotten, that would confuse the hell out of the poor boy.

Following his usual morning routine, Wonwoo pulled on a t-shirt and jeans and converse, straightened his fringe and applied the Jeon Wonwoo Official Eyeliner Trademark, opting out of the nail polish as to stay on his father's good side. As he was brushing his teeth, it seemed to finally sink in that his day would actually involve him having to interact with Mingyu, as they had Chemistry again and Chan had decided that Wonwoo's back of the classroom seat was now his, and Wonwoo was stuck next to Kim Mingyu for a whole hour of fucking chemistry.

As Wonwoo's increasingly terrible luck would have it, when he looked out of the door to leave, the rain had started to pour down. Wonwoo got the bus to school, so the weather wouldn't hurt him that badly, but Mingyu walked to school and lived near the bus stop so he got the bus in case of bad weather. Plus, Wonwoo's mum forced him to wear his very non-emo rain coat, which completely fucked up his aesthetic intentions, but the coat was at least black.

For the journey to the bus stop after Wonwoo's own, Wonwoo had tried his best to disguise himself, blocking out all sound with Slipknot on full blast, but his attempts turned out to be in vain because, as predicted, Mingyu stepped aboard the bus when it stopped again. It was now officially set in stone that Wonwoo was no longer Lucky Charm Jeon Wonwoo, when the taller boy that had just boarded the bus looked directly at him, and began to walk to the back of the bus and next to the empty seat next to Wonwoo. Fuck.