Warriors Practice (Harrison Barnes) -Lailani-

This one is for QveenJayy03 ! Harrison is like the cutest person ever. I hope you enjoy! (:

-Lailani's POV-

"Yes, this is Lailani Iverson. Who is this?"I asked the man who was calling me on the phone.

"Hey Lailani. It's Steve Kerr, the head coach of the Golden State Warriors,"the man said.

I smiled. "Oh, hey Coach. How are you?"I asked.

"I'm fine. Your dad called me and said you wanted to meet the Warriors,"Steve said.

My dad is the famous basketball player Allen Iverson. Yes, it is cool having a professional basketball player as a dad. I grew up watching him play basketball, as he was 20 years old when I was born. I'm 21 now, and my relationship with my dad isn't the greatest. We talk quite regularly, but because my mom despises him, I don't see him much.

"Dad actually told you that?"I asked, quite surprised he would remember to speak to the Warriors staff about it.

Steve replied,"Yeah, Allen gave me a call. I just wanted to tell you that you're invited to the Warriors' practice tomorrow morning."

I smiled. "That's so exciting. Thank you so much, Coach." Steve gave me the details about where to go and whatnot, and then we said our goodbyes.

I was super excited, but then a thought occurred to me.

What if the team doesn't like me? What if they think I'm a bitch or something?

Suddenly, I felt really nervous. But I decided to push that thought to the back of my head and go to sleep. I have a big morning ahead of me, so I need all the sleep I can get.

I woke up and got all ready to meet the Warriors. Steve told me that I might be getting involved in some drills or something, so I should be dressed athletically.

I put on my Draymond Green jersey and some black shorts. I paired that with some black and gold Nikes and put my hair into a high ponytail. I shoved my phone into my shorts pocket and grabbed my keys before going to my car.

I drove for about half an hour to the Warriors' practice facility. I entered the building and found where everyone was quite quickly.

The players were all focused on practicing, so I just quietly slipped in. I saw Steve Kerr and walked up to him.

"Hey Coach,"I smiled, before shaking his hand.

"Hey Lailani. Want to say hi to the team? I'll stop them for a minute,"Steve suggested. I answered,"No, it's okay. Let them practice. They look really focused. I'll say hi during their break or whatever."

Steve nodded and turned his attention to the boys. "Harrison, quicker passes!"he shouted.

Harrison glanced over at me for a second and got hit in the head because he wasn't paying attention. "Barnes, you okay?"Steve asked. Harrison gave him a thumbs up. "That's what you get for not focusing!"Steve shouted.

I couldn't help but laugh a little, so I covered my mouth to hide it. Harrison smiled at me and then went back to practicing his passing.

After a few minutes, Steve Kerr announced,"Break time! Get some water and take a seat!"

The guys all got their water and walked over to Steve. I was standing beside him, so they all looked at me weirdly. I just smiled in return. Hopefully they don't hate me. I felt really nervous about talking to them though.

Draymond spoke,"I like your jersey." I laughed, looking down at my Green jersey.

"Everyone, this is Lailani Iverson,"Steve introduced. I gave a little wave.

"Aye, she cute,"I heard Ian Clark say. I blushed a little.

"Aye, she has ears,"I replied sarcastically, just joking. The boys all started hollering and pushing Ian around, laughing and teasing him. I laughed, shaking my head.

After they settled down, Klay asked,"Wait, your last name is Iverson?" I nodded, knowing what was about to be asked next.

"Are you related to Allen Iverson?"he asked. I took a deep breath. I knew it.

"Yes, he's my dad,"I informed. All the guys all started talking excitedly.

"I love your dad."

"Allen Iverson's the greatest."

"Do you play basketball with him?"

"Are you going to play professionally?"

I just looked at them. "Guys, chill,"I said. "Sorry. We're just excited,"Bogut apologized.

"Uh, I need to use the bathroom. Can someone show me where it is?"I requested.

Harrison quickly offered,"I'll show you. Follow me." I nodded and followed him into the hallway.

"Sorry for the team. You must be sick of hearing stuff about your dad,"Harrison said.

I shook my head. "No, it's fine. I'm used to it. I just wish people wouldn't see me as just Allen Iverson's daughter. I'm my own person, you know? There's more to me that people don't bother to learn."

Harrison stopped walking. "Well I want to get to know you. Can we go out on a date sometime?"he asked.

I starting blushing. "Of course. I'd love that. Thank you Harrison."

He smiled and gave me a nod. "No problem. I'm looking forward to it. Can I have your number?"he questioned. I nodded and told him my number as he put it in his phone. "Okay, great. I'll call you tonight,"he said.

"Uh, can you direct me to the bathroom now?"I asked, laughing. Harrison chuckled. "Oh, right. Yeah, follow me."