Chapter 19

I like not fair terms and a villain's mind.~William Shakespeare

Dedication: To butterscotchblondy for being a great and super fun person to chat with on Instagram. We have the weirdest yet most interesting conversations that make me laugh. Thank you!

Siena

I really needed to get better at avoiding sleepwalking. I mean, If I sleep walked through the streets of NYC, which, by the way, I have no clue how that is even possible, then I could accidently step off a bridge and plummet towards the river. That didn't seem like a great tactic to woke up, even though it was probably better than my seventeen alarm clocks I set in a futile effort to get me up in the morning.

I woke up-once again, is this going to become a regular thing- in a warehouse. This time, I'm aching all over, but not bruising pain. More like sharp stabs of it, all over my body.

Wincing, I pushed myself to my feet, but, like in complete supervillain manner, nearly collapse again. Instead of falling to the floor in a dead faint, (which is what I wanted to do) I sat down, tried to breath, before I passed out from the pain.

I took in my surroundings, and glanced at my arms. They were streaked with crimson liquid. Not covered in it, but lines of blood were dripping down my arms and splattering onto the floor.

I pressed a finger to one of the long scratches on my arms and hissed in pain. It's not wide, but deep. Like a cat decided to use me as it's new and improved scratching post. Where could I have gotten these from?

I stood up and I realized it's time to go. I pat myself down, but this time, I've got nothing. No money, no wallet. I'm in my pyjamas. But I swear I had my phone on me.

I stumbled out of the warehouse but this time, I'm much farther than what I anticipated. It isn't the same warehouse like last time. In fact, I didn't even think in in the city. It looked like this is an abandoned warehouse in a small town.

There's not sound around me except for the owls, and the night sky is clear for me to see. There's the sound of the wind whispering through the air. You don't hear that in the city.

But where the hell was I? My guess would be upstate New York or New Jersey.

Since I didn't have any money or any way to get home, I tried to teleport. Even though that didn't work last time, I should have a another go at it, if I don't want to be stuck here with no way to get home until the sun comes out.

I closed my eyes and imagined my apartment. I felt the familiar feeling of vertigo, like when you're on a rollercoaster, and your stomach drops into your feet.

I opened my eyes, and I'm in my kitchen. I staggered over to the table and sat down for a second, catching my breath.

Even though I had a little bit of my powers left this time, teleporting definitely drained them.

I grabbed a glass and filled it with water, draining it completely. I set it down and went into my room., paying no attention to the scratches still bleeding on my arms.

I sat down, weary, and grab a bandage from my dresser drawer. I washed the cuts on my hands and my arms, and I waited for them to heal. Cuts heal very fast, if they're not too fast.

All the shallow cuts began to disappear, but I was still left with the deep gouges on my arms and my hands. I bandaged those up and collapsed on my bed immediately, the bandage roll still in my hand.

I woke up in the morning to the sound of a key turning in the lock. I staggered out of bed and into the kitchen, where I drunk another glass of water.