Chapter 21: I Would Rather Be Sacrificed Than Be Civil To That A$$hat

😿

http://66.media.tumblr.com/3770fa525c7e5851b1929edc0240c559/tumblr_nk6l3u8BFI1ttpqk1o4_250.gif.

"I'm the twin's biological father" John blurted out to Jenna just as I moved to stand in the kitchen's entrance.

"No your not" I denied.

"Kat--"Elena cut me off.

"You are my uncle, your brother was my father, now that he's dead Jenna's my legal guardian. You are here simply because you think it's your right, well tough $h!t. You're 17 years too late. So if your gonna hover around here like a bad smell then I'm staying at Caroline's, you get no say in this or anything else Elena or I do because all I see you as is an a$$hat of an uncle who was a d!*k every time he came to visit" venom coated each and every one of my words. "I'm going to the grill" I announced before anyone could form a response, turning to leave as my truth sunk in.

If he thinks he can jump into the picture as my protective father, then a dog's life is what he's gonna get.

-TIME SKIP-

"This isn't the grill" a new voice pulled me from my peace.

"Someone talked to Elena(!)" I scoffed slightly. "I'm half-surprised she isn't here with you" I threw a small rock into the water below.

"She knows you don't like her coming here" Damon answered and took a seat on the grassy clifftop next to me.

"And how would you know that?" I looked at him.

"She shared that little detail before giving me directions, she said you always came here before and after your parent's death. It's your thinking spot" he answered.

"I treasure it almost as much as that little chair in your library(!)" I chuckled slightly..."...Why are you here Damon?" I looked back at the beautiful view in front of me as my sullen mood returned.

"Are you ok?" Damon nudged me.

"What do you think?" I deflected.

"Stefan shouldn't have invited John..." I nodded along with his statement. "He just thought he was helping you."

"Doesn't everyone?" I muttered.

"Well, you don't exactly make it easy(!)" he defended the actions.

"Are you kidding?" I gave him a dirty look. "Ever since I started this deal with Elijah, my intentions have solely revolved around staying hidden and trying not to die!"

"Why trust Elijah over us?" he fought back.

"Because someone who's actually faced Klaus before is 1000x more likely to save me, then my sister, her boyfriend, and his brother because they have faith in how much they care for me! Our friendship isn't going to save my life, Damon! Klaus isn't gonna show up, see my perfect little life and think: 'Actually, never mind. I'll just wait for your kids, kids. Hopefully, they have a life where the only good thing to them is death'(!)" My outburst pulled me to my feet, causing anger to radiate from me as I turned to walk back to my car. I took deep breaths and waited to feel calm once again, his footsteps annoyingly following behind.

"Kat--" I cut him off and turned sharply to face him, he stopped and we stood a few feet from one another.

"Don't follow me Damon! I wanted to be alone because suddenly everyone feels they have the right to control my every move and I hate it!...I wish I never came back to town, I honestly wish I never met you or your brother...at least then Klaus would get a sacrifice without a fight" my voice grew weaker the more I talked, and on my final words I turned away from him and got in my car, driving to the grill for real this time.