Red-Pt 2

TRIGGER WARNING: MAY CONTAIN MENTIONS OF SELF HARM AND SUICIDE

---

'Dan?' Phil called out.

Blood was dripping onto Dan's bag, creating a small pool of red on the canvas material.

Dan looked towards him before falling backwards into the foliage of the bushes behind him.

Phil ripped his bag off and grabbed his black P.E. shorts, running towards Dan and applying pressure onto his arm whilst attempting to call an ambulance.

And that's what Phil remembered. After that it was a haze or red and blue, desperate cries of Dan's family, and flat lines.

He was dead, and although Phil didn't know Dan well, it really shook him up. He's never witnessed a death before, let alone one so bloody, and, well, a suicide.

He kinda felt guilty as well. If only he had arrived there earlier, maybe Dan would still be alive? Maybe they could have become friends, and shared an apartment in the future.

Phil knew it was absurd to think like that, but Phil had never had a friend that close.

A couple of days later the school had a moment of silence for their 'fallen pupil', as they put it.

A couple of girls even went as dramatic as to pretend to cry.

'I just can't believe he's really gone' They would cry, their crocodile tears smudging their mascara.

Phil knew that they didn't care, he hung out with Dan the day he met him.

'I never really had any friends, let alone a best friend...' Dan said with a frown after Phil brought up his old school and all his old friends.

During the moment of silence he noticed a boy walking through the corridors with tears in his eyes, who he recognised as Dan's brother from the hospital.

Phil couldn't imagine the pain that boy was going through. It must bring unimaginable pain to have someone that close to you gone, and you not even knowing about what was going to happen to prevent it. His family didn't even have an explanation, or a proper goodbye.

As soon as the minute was over, Phil asked to go to the bathroom, his real intentions being instead finding Dan's brother.

It wasn't difficult, seeing as he was broken down by the water fountains.

Not knowing what else to say, he blurted out the first thing to come to his head.

'I'm sorry.

The boy looked up, a confused look upon his face.

'I'm sorry I got there too late. I'm sorry I couldn't do anything.'

///

Well this was depressing! Um, sorry I guess..? And short...

Remember kiddos, suicide is never the answer!

But.. Um, yeah... Imma go now, I guess...