Part 9

I woke up in a pack house bedroom but I didn't know what pack house I was in because I'm not familiar with any packs.

"Honey can you go check on Lyla for me please, I'm making dinner." I heard a female voice from downstairs say. I wonder who Lyla is.

"Sure thing Hun." I heard a male voice say.

I heard foot steps coming up the stairs and when they reached the floor I was on it had sounded like he came up three floors. The footsteps stopped in front of the room I was in. The door then opened and a man in his mid 30s walked over to me.

"How you feeling Lyla?" He said to me as he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"What?" I said confused.

"How you feeling?" He said as he placed the back of his hand on my forehead then my cheeks.

"I'm feeling better daddy." I said with a stuffy nose.

Wait my name isn't Lyla it's Marie. And why did words just come out of my mouth that I didn't even say. I mean I said them but not at my own will.

"Mama is downstairs cooking dinner. Do you think you can come downstairs to eat or do I have to bring it up again?" He said.

"I can walk." I said as I sat up.

I heard a sound from around my neck and I looked down at it. It was the same necklace I wear every day.

Everything went black again but when I came around I was at a playground. I looked around and saw kids running everywhere having fun.

"Lyla come on!" I heard a boy call out to me. He looked to be around my age that I am which is ten in this dream.

"I'm coming!" I yelled out to him and ran after him.

We walked away from the playground and just started walking around the places in the pack. Holding hands and talking.

"What do we have here?" A voice from behind us said.

We turned around to see a group of girls standing in front of us with smirks on their faces. And there wasn't a good vibe coming from them.

"Little Lyla holding hands with the future alpha of the pack huh?" She said in a rude tone.

"..." I said nothing.

"Jack why do you hang out with this runt. There is nothing special about her except for her dad being the Beta of the pack." She said gesturing at me.

"Because she is my best friend." Jack said as he gripped my hand tighter.

"Well I mean you shouldn't be hanging out with her and you should be hanging out with me. At least I won't drag you down like she does because she is a runt and a sad excuse for a next in line Beta of the pack." She said as she walked towards us as her two other friends stayed where they were.

"Just look at her, she is weak. Always getting sick and each time she does her hair starts to turn to a deeper lavender color, it weird." She said as touched a section of my hair and held it then let go.

"At least I don't make fun of people and bully them. And at least I don't need popularity to get friends or get my way. And I'm nice to people." I said standing up for myself.

"Who said you could talk to me runt! Shut your mouth and run back to your mommy." She said with venom.

She reached for my hand and pulled it away from Jack's as he yelled at her in protest telling her to leave.

"I may be a runt born but I will always be stronger than you in more ways than one!" I yelled at her and walked past her and over to Jack.

"Oh yeah. Well not physically!" She said and I felt myself being pushed and falling waiting for impact but instead I was caught by Jack. Everything went black again.