Dancing with Aidan - Part 3

Over the next few hours, Aidan explains his ideas for the dance, often standing you both up and showing you examples of the moves you'd use. He'd dip you, twirl you, and pull you up close to him, right against his chest. You could feel the hair on his chest beneath his tightly fitted shirt. A few times, it would seem as if your hands were sentient and would gently pet his chest. When this happened, his hands would softly glide over your hands and arms, careful and almost longing in their nature. He would stop and gaze into your eyes, as if there was something he wanted to say, some confession or secret he wanted to tell you. But, all too soon for both of you, the moment would pass, and it would be back to working on the dance.

However, it was still early when he had finished explaining everything. He looked at the clock, saw the time, and suggested that you order in and just relax by watching a movie or playing a video game. He was particularly excited about the idea of beating you in a game. When you heard him say as much, you grinned. "Are you sure you want to challenge me?" He nodded and grabbed a random case off of your game shelf, not even bothering to look at the title. "Let's play this one." You stared at it, then fell off the couch in a fit of giggles. Aidan watched you, confused, more concerned with you than looking at the game. "What? What's so funny?"

As you gasped for air and tried to stop laughing, you kept pointing at the game. "You! Ha ha! You're in..hee hee...you're in that game! The one game I have with you in it, and you choose it!" He looks back to the game, finally understanding the cause of your outburst. The title read "Lego The Hobbit".

His cheeks reddened, but he did not put the game back. "Well, we could try it. I could play as Kili, and you could play as Tauriel, and you could save me, this time!" While you were embarrassed and touched by Aidan's suggestion to play as his character's love interest, you still shook your head, disappointed.

"Aidan...do you remember ever recording the dialogue for Battle of the Five Armies?"

He blinked. "Uh...no. No, we just recorded up until the end of the Desolation of Smaug. I kept expecting them to call me back in to record that, but when they didn't, I figured that they'd just released the DLC without us."

"There was no DLC."

"What? But...the game just...ends! Right there, with Smaug flying off to destroy Laketown! It's not even the complete story!"

"I know. I, myself, begged for Warner Brothers to release the DLC. I mean, they managed to release the game on 9 platforms already, so why is the DLC so much trouble? We just wanted closure!"

He stared at the game's cover for a minute before he answered. "Maybe...maybe it's because it was so...violent. It's not exactly what you'd call child-friendly. It would have been just as horrible as trying to do a Lego version of the Battle of Somme... It just doesn't work. It would kinda downplay the seriousness of the situation...and all those deaths...Mine, included."

"You know, you're right... I'm kinda glad they took a step back and said they wouldn't do it, now. I do wish that they had said as much, though. It would have been nice."

"Yeah... So, anyway, maybe we shouldn't play that one." He placed the game back in its place on the shelf and this time, he paid more attention to the titles of the games. "Do you have one you recommend?" As you thought of a good one to play for short adventures, he began to shiver and twitch where he stood. 'Is he cold? I should turn up the thermostat. I'm so accustomed to it snowing in here, I hardly notice it, anymore.'

You were about to ask him if he was, in fact, cold, but he spoke up, his voice quivering slightly. "We could, um... try a story-based game. You know, just...start it now, then work on it after practices." You stared at his back, processing what he had suggested. 'He really wants to keep coming here. To my home ... with me ... to play video games.' Your cheeks flushed a fiery crimson, consuming your face and making your eyes burn.

When you finally managed to speak, your voice was barely above a whisper. "We could try Resident Evil..or Bioshock. Or Silent Hill? Or, um...Fable?" Aidan nodded, his back still to you and oblivious to your embarrassment. He glanced at the clock again, looked to your large DVD collection, then cleared his throat. "You know, on second thought, how about we watch a movie, tonight? We can start on a game, tomorrow." He chose a film, as you whispered an "okay" and sank into your couch.

The film he chose was The Conjuring, a film that you hadn't actually added to your collection by your own free will. Your ex-boyfriend's sister had given it you as a gag gift. The first time you had ever seen the film was on Halloween, a few years after it came out. You didn't like watching scary films alone, and she and her boyfriend had left you to the mercy of the film half-way through. You shut it off immediately after they left you alone, shoving Finding Nemo into the DVD player as a way of balancing out the anxiety and fear that the movie had given to you.

Of course, you didn't want to seem like a wuss in front of your instructor, so you said, "Oh, that's a good one", then promptly excused yourself to use the loo. The last thing you wanted to do was wet yourself in front of your teacher.

The second you opened the door, he started the film, making you jump a good foot into the air and cause him to be overtaken by his second fit of giggles, that day. You sat next to the cackling man, pouting with a blush upon your cheeks. He wiped his tears, and touched your hand gently. "I'm sorry I scared you, Y/N. I really am. But, it was too easy and too great of an opportunity to miss!"

One way or another, this man was going to be the death of you.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Author's Note:

For the record, I really was terrified of The Conjuring. I refuse to watch the second installment. I am a chicken, and not afraid to admit that. According to my actual certain someone's sister, I actually made it through the majority of the film and shut it off right before the "happy ending". The last thing I remember was a woman in a white dress, floating off the ground... I don't even remember if that was in the film, and I refuse to go back and check if it was.

EITHER WAY, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Watch for Part 4!

I hope you have a great day and remember to be awesome to each other.

PS- Media is vaguely related, this time. Very vaguely. It kinda...looks in the direction of "related". Meh.