six; worth saving

Lara was excruciatingly uncomfortable. The cuffs were digging into her back, and she couldn't move or the electricity would come at a higher charge. She wanted to curse whoever made these, an her guess was Tony. But she couldn't. Tony was her family, and she may have not agreed with his terms about the Avengers, but she still would consider him family.

The journey to Berlin was hard. Lara was made more comfortable, her hands now resting on her lap, but the cuffs still sent an electric shock through her. And every bump in the road made her wince in pain as the whole truck moved. Steve was looking at we apologetically, and she just shook her head. She could take the pain, as long as what they are doing is right.

Lara could see the building they were getting driven to, her stomach falling as she knew Tony and the other members would be there. It was only a matter of time before Tony would be scolding her like he was scolded by his father. And Lara had tried so many times to defend the poor man from those verbal beatings his father bestowed upon him.

"So you like cats?" Sam asked T'Challa, breaking the silence between everyone. Lara glanced over at the two men, her blue eyes looking between them.

"Sam," Steve scolded, his voice giving Sam a warning to stop while he's ahead.

"What?" Sam asked. "Dude shows up dressed like a cat and you don't wanna know more?"

"It's an honour thing," Lara cut off. She had been to Wakanda before, as this day and age's Lara, and she had fell in love with the culture and the people. Though, she had never seen T'Challa when she had greeted T'Chaka for S.H.I.E.L.D. "He thinks Bucky killed his father, so he's trying to avenge him. I'm sorry for your loss, Your Highness. You father was a great man."

T'Challa didn't answer her, just stared straight ahead as they continued their journey to the place. Lara smiled sadly, before looking back out the window, slightly scared as to what was to become of her. She wouldn't sign the Sokovia Accords. She refused once, and she was going to do it again.

"Your suit? It's vibranium?" Steve asked, his voice curious yet serious. Like he already knew the answer.

"The Black Panther has been the protector of Wakanda for generations," Lara heard T'Challa's accent echo through the small space, her mind thinking of the beautiful country. "A mantel passed from warrior to warrior. And now because your friend has murdered my father, I also wear the mantel of King. So I ask you, as both warrior and King, how long do you think you can keep your friend safe from me?"

Lara bowed her head, looking at the cuffs on her lap. She hated this. Bucky may not be the same person he was before he 'died', but Lara could never see him doing this. It was too unlike him. Even if he had been taken by Hydra and his mind wiped for evil purposes. Her Bucky was still in there somewhere, and she was determined to figure out where.

They had been lead into the building now, Lara still in handcuffs as Steve and Sam got theirs taken off. Steve had tried to protest, but Lara shook her head, knowing this is what made these people feel safe. If they felt safe, then Lara could deal with a little bit of electricity running through her veins.

Lara sent a sad look over to where Bucky was trapped in a cage, not fighting as they hauled him off to where he was going to stay. She blinked, watching the man go before Steve was taking her upper arm and leading her with him. He wasn't tugging her meanly though, but pulling her gently to a short man in a suit standing next to Sharon, and three German Special Forces officers.

Lara didn't listen to anything, she just moved her wrists uncomfortable in the handcuffs, and walked when she needed to walk. She sent a look over her shoulder, her eyes meeting Bucky's, and sent him a sad smile. One that he returned, before he was leaning his head back against the seat he was sitting in.