chapter | 23

| mara's point of view

"Hey babe." Jimin smirked at me.

"What makes you think this is legal?" I glared at him, boths hands firmly on my hips while I was still in my sweatpants. "You three are loitering outside my house. This is called trespassing. I can sue-"

"Shh. You can save that shit for later." He brought his index finger up to my lips, shutting my mouth up instantly. Jimin smiled but only for a brief second until he saw what state I was in, "Why is your ass in those depressing clothes?"

I pushed his hand away from my face and barked at him, "Why are you still here? Don't you have a conscience?"

"Okay. I know. I'm sorry." Jimin said with his hand in his pockets. He easily stepped down. "But Yoongi is partly to blame too. He could've stopped but he didn't."

The air in my lungs almost ran out when Taehyung took me tightly in his arms. "Never do that again." He pulled away and looked at my face. "You made me so fucking worried."

"Taehyung what are you saying? I'm safe. You don't have to worry about me." I pushed him away but he held onto me like a giant koala. "Taehyung, I'm sorry."

"Hey, get off my girlfriend." Jimin finally got him off me but then they started fighting again.

"She's not your girlfriend." Taehyung told Jimin off.

"No." Jimin said, prolonging the syllable as he took my wrist, "Technically speaking, Mara is still my pretend girlfriend." He tilted his head, "Now hands off."

"Everyone shut up!" I came between Taehyung and Jimin as they prepared to clash again. "I'm no one's girlfriend."

Taehyung let him go without a word. I was so proud of him not giving into Jimin's methods. "This is so stupid." Taehyung protested, "Mara, you shouldn't talk to him."

"That's what I intend to do." I shrugged Jimin's hand off, throwing them to his side, "Where's that lunatic girlfriend of yours?"

"She's not a lunatic. She just needs help." Jimin still defended her.m. I know he felt the same way I did, maybe even worse since he's known Soo Jin almost all his life.

"Whatever just get yourselves out of my yard." I said, closing the door on them. Taehyung was fast as he put a foot before the door closed.

"No, you're coming with me." He grabbed my hand and pulled me out of my own house.

"Hey, where do you think you're touching! Let go!" I screamed, my other hand clutching on the door frame. "I'm not going anywhere with you guys. Mom!!"

My mom ran to the front door, witnessing me being kidnapped. Taehyung smiled at her, "Goodmorning Mrs. St. Claire! I'm taking your daughter now. I'll make sure she's safe."

Apparently, Taehyung has befriended my mom the past few days he spent loitering outside our house. He acted all chummy with her. I was shocked out of my wits.

"Just bring her back by dinner." She said and I sent her a shocked expression. "Oh and Taehyung, keep her safe. Don't let her out of your sight."

Taehyung nodded and gave my mom a smile, "You don't have to worry about anything, Mrs. st. Claire."

"You're my mother!" I told her with a really hurt expression as Taehyung caught both of my feet and carried me on his shoulders.

"I know, sweetie but you need get away from this house. You need to have fun. It's not healthy for a teenager to lock herself up in her room." She was smiling as she waved me goodbye. My own mother put me in these boys' hands. If only she knew that these boys were the reason why I voluntarily put myself on house arrest.