Chapter 13: Softy Cole

I sit up and yawn as I turn off the TV and look at my sonogram photos again with a smile. I begin rubbing my baby bump. My Mom said something about feeling closer to the baby when expecting mothers rub it. I wonder if it's a boy or girl, I don't care either way to be honest.

What would I name them? Where would they sleep? How will Logan react! I haven't even told him! I try relaxing, stress isn't good for the baby. I get up and walk to my room, I want to shower and go to bed. That's all I want. I enter my girly bedroom and walk into my bathroom before stripping and getting in.

What are we gonna do about Cole? I still need to tell Emily too. I sigh and rest my head against the shower wall and rub my one month bump. It's been one month since Cole rejected me. It still stings to remember that night. All the kisses we shared, and then to wake up to him telling me I'm not good enough.

And then he has the nerve to show up unannounced at 10:00 at night! And then show up when I'm sleeping and go through my stuff without permission and then find out the next day with him yelling at me! And then showing up yet again, unannounced and tell my mother! And then throw a slushy in my face and calling me a sl*t! The nerve of the meathead!

I get out of the shower angrier then before and walk into my room. I pull out some sweatpants and a big t-shirt and throw them on before walking downstairs to get a cup filled with ice. I quickly fill it up with the frozen chips before retreating to my bedroom. My only sanctuary.

I knock on Logan's door on the way there. It's almost 10:00, so he needs to get to bed. He opens the door and looks at me with a raised eyebrow and irritated face.

"What Morgan?" he snaps. I pop an ice cube in my mouth and suck on it.

"Woah! No need to get snappy." I say to him. He rolls his eyes and I smack his head.

"Ow! What was that for?" he asks and rubs the spot I hit him.

"Please, I didn't hit you that hard. Anyways electronics off, it bedtime and we have school. Goodnight." I say to him and walk to my room. He slams his door. What is wrong with that twerp! I roll my eyes and open my door and jump.

"Oh my gosh Cole! What the heck? Why do you keep showing up unannounced at 10:00 at night?" I shout, but it slurs together because of the melting cube in my mouth. He looks at me with a raised eyebrow and chuckles, setting down the photo of me and Em.

"Woah, like I know your hormonal and stuff, but, just wow." he says amused and walks up to me and steals an ice cube and falls on my bed.

"Hah! Very funny! Now what do you want?" I ask getting agitated.

"I wanted to talk, how's the ba****d child anyway?" he asks. I huff angrily.

"Why do you insist on calling the baby a ba****d! It's a word that is used in a mean pretense! It's an offensive word! So if you keep calling my baby that, you can hitch a ride to timbuktu for all I care! I'll even by you a ticket." I say angrily.

"That's very kind of you, but I'd like to stay here, thank you." he says arrogantly.

"And that too! You only listen to what you want to hear! You never hear anything important! Just! Ugh! And your so arrogant and cocky! It's so freaking annoying how you rub everything off!" I shout. He rolls his eyes and stands up.

"And that! Why is everyone rolling their eyes lately! You, Logan, my Mom, everyone in this whole freaking world!" I yell again. He comes up behind me and rubs my shoulders. It feels nice, but nonetheless, I hit his hands away and turn to give him an angry face before backing away at an appropriate distance.

"Don't touch me! You're the one who rejected me! You have no right to touch me!" I shout at him.

"I didn't want a mate! That's why I rejected you! It's not because I didn't love you, or didn't want to touch you and me close to you everyday, it's because I wasn't ready!" he shouts back. I stare at him angrily.

"And you never thought about my feelings in that! You never thought how much it would hurt me to be rejected by you because you weren't ready! What if I was!" I shout and run my hands through my hair and sit on my bed, defeated.

"I loved you, I love you Cole. But, it hurts. A lot. I spent that night, after we finished, and imagined how happy we would be, how every night, you would call me just to say I love you, and how we would go on dates, and how we would married in a beautiful destination, and then buy a house and have kids and live happily ever after. But no. You had to screw that up for me." I say quietly with tears streaming down my face. He comes and sits next to me and rubs my shoulder. I shake my head slowly and remove his hand.

"Please don't Cole. It hurts to know that you don't care about the sparks anytime we touch." I say sadly. He nods and removes his hand before standing up and turns to face me.

"I'm really sorry Morgan. Really." he says sadly. I nod and watch him walk away when I remember something.

"Hey Cole wait, I have something to give you." I say. He turns to me as I open my nightstand drawer and pull out a sonogram photo. I admire it and stand up and set it in his big hand.

"I know you don't want this little baby, but, please have this." I say quietly with a small smile. I close his fingers around the picture and look at his face. He nods. I see small tears pooling in his eyes. He's crying? Cole Greystone, crying over me? I give him a small smile and rub away the tears before kissing his cheek.

"Goodnight Cole."

Chapter! So now you see the soft side of Cole. Who likes softy Cole? Me🙋! Who's team Cole? Vote and comment, means a lot!
Kisses,😘