Chapter XIII

I am not the type of person who likes to be friends with their exes. I don't know why but I just find it awkward for the both of us to become friends knowing that something has happened between the two of us. Some people would rather much prefer being friends with their ex, I don't see the reason why they should.

It's not that I am scared of being able to develop feelings again to that person I used to love but it is because once that person broke you, you don't see a reason to be in good terms.

Holding a grudge? yes, maybe. But what I'm afraid is that once I trust that person again and let them back into my life, they will just do the same thing all over again. Break me, break my trust and especially, break my heart.

"You look hotter than before,"

I felt somehow offended by that. "And you still look the same," I said and it made him smile, "You still look like an asshole like you were before," I added. He rolled his eyes at me and plastered a smirk on his face. A smirk that's covering up his hurt ego.

"How have you been? How many months or years has it been, again? 1 year? 2 years?"

"It's been 3 years since you decided to cheat on me with not only two girls in just a month, but rather four," I said making him lose his smirk. He then plasters a serious face as I rolled my eyes. "Why are you even here? You don't even go here. Why? Is it because you ran out a stock of sluts? Want me to order you a new one? Tell me, how many?"

"Hailey... baby--"

"Don't call me 'baby', it's disgusting to hear that especially when it's coming out of your mouth," I said. He took a deep sigh as Cayden coughs awkwardly beside me. I look at Cayden and he gave me a look in return.

"And who are you?" Levi asks.

Cayden gave him a dirty look. He stood up and walked towards me, placing his arm on my shoulder, "I'm the boyfriend of the girl you are just talking to."

My eyes widen in disbelief and I feel like my nose is about to bleed. I coughed for choking at my own saliva. Levi looked at me and then directed his gaze at Cayden, giving him a disgusted look. "You chose this punk over me? You're wasting your time when you should be with me instead," Levi says.

"No, I am not. I know that I'll just waste my time when I entertain a guy like you," I said making me roll my eyes. "What do you want from me, huh? You damaged me enough. Are you not done hurting me?" I asked.

"I don't want to hurt you--"

"I doubt that. That's what you told me before when you were done fucking with Hannah, my ex-best friend" I said.

"It's not my fault that she finds me sexy," I rolled my eyes at him; his ego was speaking louder than his shitty mouth and I knew that I had enough listening to him.

"I just want you back in my life, baby. That's all I'm asking for. I know I made some shit in the past but it was already in the past! I changed! I'm a changed man," He says in defense, surrendering both of his hands in the air as if he were telling the truth.

"I won't fall for that line again, just leave me alone, please," I said as I gave him a look. "I am happy with who I am with right now."

"No, you're just saying that to make me jealous and baby, it doesn't and will not work on me," Levi said making me exhale a deep air.

"Leave my girlfriend alone," Cayden says, sounding mad. I look at him as I grabbed his arm. I looked at his hand and they turned into a ball-shaped fist. "If you don't want anything to happen to that already ugly face of yours, I suggest you leave before you regret it."