26

*Steve's POV*

She's right. We didn't save anyone that day, we were so caught up with the mission that we forgot about the innocent people that would have been there.

When we boarded the ship, I snuck a peek at her, she was lying down with her back to us in the med bay with Bucky guarding her. Bucky looked worried but at the same time he was relived. Once the whole team was on board we left that place. Everyone had either tears in their eyes or guilt on their faces. We let her down. We asked Pietro about the cut on the side of his forehead.

He said that Della took him out.

"They had her frozen in a tank. I got her out and she woke up and hit me," he shrugged.

I looked back at Bucky when Pietro said this and saw him turn white.

We talked about the battle the rest of the way.

"Wait. What happened to that guy Valentín?," I questioned quietly.

"When I found him he was dead. Someone got to him," Natasha said shaking her head.

"Dead?"

"Yup."

"Who would've killed him. Our plan was to take him in and interrogate him," Tony whispered.

"I don't know. Maybe it was her," Natasha cocked her head towards Della's direction.

"Maybe."

"Did you guys see her, when she came down from the top of the building?," Clint posed.

"How she floated down?," Thor guessed.

"Not that part. When she shot that girl, slit that guy's throat open and how she stabbed that other girl in the neck."

"I thought they were on her team. They all came out of the building," Natasha raised.

"Yeah that's what I was confused about. Why did she kill them if they were in this fight together?"

We all shrugged. Maybe we'll find out later.

"At least she's safe with us now," Thor concluded.

*Della's POV*

I heard everything they said. Trust me they'll find out soon enough why I killed those bastards. I was silently crying about what happened to Ansel. Innocent Ansel. Wanda is gonna pay for what she did to him. I don't think Ill be able to forgive her. I was really glad Bucky was back. Hopefully he'll stay and help me get through this. They'll want information from me I'm sure. I should've put up a fight. I don't want to go back to that place. It will only remind me of the girl I used to be, the girl who would never have killed all of those innocent people. Maybe they'll give me a new place to stay or maybe they'll have me killed. I know I'm not going to be able to walk away from this a free women, they're gonna have some course of action done against me. I just hope it's not something like a cage or tracker. I was filled with different emotions. Happiness because I was finally free, anxiety about going back, fear of what will happen to me. What if they want me killed instead? That would really ruin everyone's day, especially mine.