Twelve

Wonwoo had sat with the 'Mingyu squad' that lunch, though they had become less of 'Mingyu's squad' and more 'Wonwoo's squad' as well, which still confused the hell out of Wonwoo who was completely unused to people in general.

BooSeokSoon were in detention so couldn't be present that lunch and Minghao and Jun, or 'Junhao' as they had begun to be named, were on some mini date kind of thing at the other side of the cafeteria. Wonwoo had noticed that Minghao looked slightly sulky since Seungkwan had recently told him that Junhui had once been dating four girls at the same time, but as he watched Junhui pass Minghao a box of pepero at the bus stop they were all waiting at to go home, the Chinese boy's expression lit up, all traces of annoyance vanishing with a childish smile.

Mingyu had asked Wonwoo to meet him at the bus stop to come to his house and that was what Wonwoo was doing, leaning on the bus stop sign with Soonyoung's SHINee playlist blasting 'DXDXD' into his ears. A tap on his shoulder made him turn around.

"Hey, Wonwoo-yah," said Mingyu, who was standing behind Wonwoo and grinning. He leant forwards and pulled Wonwoo's headphones from his ears and they fell onto Wonwoo's oversized black hoodie.

"You can't speak informally to me," Wonwoo pointed out, "I'm your hyung, you disrespectful kid."

"I've legit never spoken formally to you and you only point it out now?" Mingyu asked, a smirk pulling up the corners of his lips and Wonwoo almost fell over at how attractive he looked in that moment.

"Did you just say 'legit'?" Wonwoo asked, rolling his eyes in mock irritation, his smile growing wider, "you're so lame."

"But you love me anyway," Mingyu pouted, zipping up his coat as a gust of wind blew his hair about his fucking perfect face.

"Sure," Wonwoo replied, wondering if Mingyu knew that he really did love him anyway, a lot more than Mingyu thought.

"Let's go," Mingyu said after about five seconds of awkward silence.

The two began to walk to Mingyu's house, and Wonwoo had never walked home before so he considered himself extremely lucky to walk home for the first time with Kim Mingyu accompanying him. It began to rain again and Mingyu cursed under his breath.

"For fuck's sake, not this again," Mingyu grumbled, wincing as a drop of rain his his eye.

"You have a hood," said Wonwoo, "use it."

"I also have an umbrella," Mingyu retorted, pulling one from his pocket, "I found this baby in my locker, thank Jesus I did."

"You mean Jisoos," Wonwoo corrected with a grin as Mingyu unfolded his baby blue umbrella.

"Nah, since he converted to Satanism on Saturday I admire his religiousness a lot less," Mingyu laughed, holding up the umbrella over his head.

Wonwoo shivered a little and put his hood up.

"You know," Mingyu said, "I put the umbrella up for you, too. I'm not that much of an asshole that I'd taunt you with an umbrella while you drown."

"I'm fine-"

"Nope," Mingyu interrupted, moving the umbrella along with himself closer to Wonwoo, "you're not catching pneumonia on my watch."

Mingyu's presence beside him made Wonwoo feel warm, and the water on his hair brought out the smell of his coconut shampoo which Wonwoo inhaled as the two walked next to each other, the puddles on the pavement making Wonwoo's converse feel damp. Wonwoo liked the closeness they had begun to have, and as Wonwoo grew more comfortable around Mingyu, he found himself smiling a shitload more, which made Mingyu smile even more and Wonwoo loved being the reason Mingyu smiled.