Just Turned Serious

We still sat there stunned after Arthur left. What does he know that we don't know?

You can tell Austin was thinking the same thing. Who would want to endanger him and me?

This is all too confusing.

"I think we should go home." Austin said. He stood up and brought his hand out for me to take.

"But we can't just leave. We've only been here for like an hour. How is that going to look?" I said raising my eyebrows referring to his family that we have avoided the whole time we were there.

"Averey right now I don't care what they think. Something is going on and I'm not sure how to process all...this is my head right now. So let's go. Now." He said with growing frustration.

Ughhh. I know he's freaked out and so am I but...whatever I just gave in. We started walking towards the entrance towards valet when I remembered that Lucus and Jailene were still here. "Hey what about Lucus and Jailene?" I said while being dragged.

"You can text them in the car."

When we got in the car he pressed on the gas and I was thrown back in my seat. "Can you please ease your foot off the gas you're making me nervous!"

He eased off the gas and we were stopped by a red light. He looked at me and put his hand on my thigh. "Averey right now we are going to your apartment and you're going to grab all the things you need because you are going to stay with me for a while. Okay?"

"Austin if this is about what Arthur..."

"Averey! Can you just do what I'm telling you....please." His frustration was back.

I can tell this was really gnawing at him. He started to drive again. "So I guess I'm staying with you till you figure this thing out."

"Yes." He said while biting his thumb nail. He never bites his nails.

We arrived at my apartment and he immediately got off the car to open my door for me. He grabbed me around the waist and was looking all over as if he was looking for something or someone.

He was really making me paranoid.

I opened the door to the apartment and we were greeted by an excited Ozzy.

"We are bringing Ozzy as well." He went to my bedroom and started taking clothes out of my drawers and closet and put them on my bed. He was acting like a madman.

"CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT'S GOING ON BECAUSE YOU ARE ACTING INSANE!" I yelled at him but he continued to grab clothes.

"All I'm going to say is that I know something isn't right and I think it has something to do with you and me being together." He stopped and looked at me. "I know this thing with Arthur wasn't just a warning. He mentioned that I need to protect you and that's what I'm doing."

"He said he will tell you more on Monday though."

"That was for your sake Averey." He said continuing to pack. "Do you have any suitcases?"

"Yeah I'll get them." I walked to the hall closet and retrieved them. "Here let me pack Austin. You need to breathe and relax. So just sit...or something."

I started to pack the clothes he got out for me. I finished packing everything I needed for who knows how long. I even packed a bag for Ozzy.

After I finished Austin grabbed my bags and started walking towards his car.

"Wait I forgot something just go I'll be right out."

I needed to write a note for Lucus and Jailene.

I'm staying with Austin for a little while don't worry about me. He surprised me with a vacation! I'm not sure where we are going. See you soon.

Lots of love,
Averey

Also Don't Associate Men
Doing Illegal Deeds
Intending Techniques

I had to leave them a note and a message.

I ran with Ozzy in my arms towards the car. We got in and were off towards Austin's house.

I can tell Austin was still on edge. I started to think about everything Arthur said. He told Austin what would he do if someone took away anything that meant something in his life. Why would he question that though?

I know Arthur knows something we don't know. But does Austin know something that I don't know as well?

This whole situation is getting to my head and I'm starting to question everyone I have come to love. I am getting paranoid.

We arrived at Austin's house in complete silence. We had nothing to say to one another.

He got my bags out of his trunk and took them inside. I walked in after him. We both took my suitcases upstairs to his room.

He grabbed my pajamas and threw them at me. I caught them and he changed with me as well.

I gently folded my white dress and put it away. It will hold a memory for me.

"I need to go to the restroom and freshen up a little."

"Averey you know where the restroom is." I looked at him and rolled my eyes. I than realized that he is just under a lot of pressure so it's affecting his attitude.

I took off my makeup and brushed my teeth. I looked at myself in the mirror and realized that so much has changed ever since I met Austin.

I don't regret nothing though because I have become alive since I met him. And if this situation is more serious than I intended I am going to make sure nothing comes between me and him.

I walked back to the room and Austin was nowhere to be found. He just needs time to himself and I need to be understanding.

I put Ozzy's bed on the floor and made sure he had his water before I climbed into bed.

I turned off the light and got under the covers. I am so pooped from everything that happened today. Mentally drained. Soon enough I fell asleep.

I woke up and felt Austin wrapping his arms around me. He nuzzled his face in the crook of my neck and gave me a kiss. I wonder what time he finally came to bed. I flipped over and wrapped my arms around his waist. We fell asleep hugging one another. His heart was my lullaby.

*******

I woke up to someone shaking me.

"Averey we gotta go! Austin, buddy wake up!"

"Arthur?" What is he doing here?

"Like NOW GUYS!" Arthur said in the most intimidating voice.

He started grabbing clothes like Austin was doing earlier.

Austin woke up startled. "Arthur what is going on?!"

"You guys need to get somewhere safe. They are coming for you both."