Chapter 19

Chapter 19

I sat in the car watching the men walk up to the warehouse and vanish into the building, I quickly jumped out the car trying not to look suspicious at all before walking up towards the warehouse keeping in the shadows. I stood with my back up against the wall like they do in the films. I shook my head I didn't have a clue what to do, yeah I sneaked in a burgled houses when I was little but now I'm all grown up and these men have guns. I knew I needed back up but I wouldn't admit it to myself and carried on walking around the building in the shadows I heard a voice and took a peek round the corner "No! He wants us to move again? His getting paranoid! Okay sure what the house by Greens Wood? Sure, ill give everyone the orders." He told before shutting his phone and groaning "damn you Terry!" He muttered before walking back a door I hadn't spotted I rushed to it before it shut and slid in.

I couldn't see the man just a dark, dim lit hallway. The outside of the warehouse would never give the impression of the hallways were in here, from the front it looked like your average storage warehouse. I walked down the halls being as quiet as I could but my heart was clashing in my ears I just about heard the footsteps that sounded like they were walking towards me I quickly turning on my heel I started to walk away and then a man came into my view, shit.  "Hey! What are you doing here?" The man grabbed and pulled me by my collar

"Umm" what the fuck do I say!?

"Spit it out kid" he snarled at me

"Cleaner?" I suggested then I heard a cry I would recognize anywhere and my eyes popped out of my head "Clara!?" I screamed trying to get out of the man’s grip "Clara!"

"You’re Chase?" The man looked shocked "what the fuck are you doing here! You’re going to get killed!"

"I want my fucking kid!" I shouted at him

"It doesn't work like that and you know it!" He shook his head at me "get out before you get killed"

"I need her" I said barely a whisper as a man comes round the corner dragging a little figure behind him who is kicking her feet into the floor

"Clara?" I looked at the small person trying to see her properly but the dim light did not help at all

"Daddy?" She copied my voice. I felt tears in my eyes my little girl was standing right in front of me being held back by a twat in a suit, she was wrestling to get out "Daddy!" She screamed at the top of her voice and she started sobbing

"It’s okay princess" I soothed trying to work out a plan to get her and now get killed by these two men who are defiantly on steroid tablets or something.

"Daddy" she cried out and it made my heart twist, the man was pulling her away but she was gripping onto the corner of the wall with all her strength I could just stand here being held by this man who was looking sadly at Clara.

Seeing his attention was somewhere else I pulled my hands up and then punch him square in the face and he staggered back not going down, I brought my fist back and put more force into the punch but still he didn't go down so I did a childish thing and pushed him quickly lifting his leg as he staggered back not being able to catch himself before he fell, I looked round and I couldn't see Clara anywhere I heard her faint cries and headed in the direction of them "you won't find her" the man told me pulling himself off the floor "you don't know the way these places work, go home Chase" was this man mad? My little girl was in the same building as me and he wanted me to go home!?

I turned back and ran at him wanting to rip his head off "how's Lorrie?" He suddenly asked me and I stopped in my tracks "she is safe?" He asked me worried about her, we heard voices coming down the hall and he snapped his head to me "we need to get you out" he told me pulling my arm and running towards the noise