Chapter Fifteen

"What?!" I exclaimed, my heart pounding against my chest.

Maybe this was some kind of sick joke that Gerald wanted to play with me because he was pissed at me... God I hope it's that.

"He's down at the hospital, it's bad Victoria. V-"

Before he could complete his sentence I cut him off. "I'll be there now."

"Okay then, I'll explain everything to you once you get here." He said and ended the call.

Just then it sunk in that he was telling the truth. Gerald was really hurt, he was in the hospital and he was hurt. My heart was pounding and I could faintly hear Nate's voice in the back but I ignored it. All I could hear was my frantic heart.

Nothing's going to happen to him, he'll be alright. I know it. He's gonna be okay, he has to be okay! There's no way I'm letting anything happen to him.

I looked at my surroundings and seen that we had stopped at the side of the road, Nate was calling my name and asking what was wrong.

"Take me to the hospital." I whispered, my voice was barely audible.

Relief flickered in his eyes, probably because I could still speak, but it was quickly replaced by worry.

"Why the hospital? What happened, Victoria?" He asked worriedly and cupped my cheek.

"Gerald...h-he's been in a c-car crash." I stuttered, still feeling shocked.

"Oh shit!" Nate muttered, his face was just as shocked as his voice.

He dropped his hand from my cheek and started driving again.

My mind was swimming with thoughts, negative and positive ones.

"Nate, I'm scared. What if something bad happens, I won't be able to live without him." I said and felt a lump forming in my throat. I couldn't even think about never seeing him again. Sure he was angry with me and it felt like he had actually left me but him dying is a whole different story.

"It'll be okay. Nothing bad will happen. Positive thoughts, okay?" He comforted.

Usually Nate could easily comfort me but it just wasn't working today. I was anxious and all I wanted was to know if Gerald was okay.

"We're almost there, sunshine. Just relax and it'll all be alright."

I nodded in reply, barely acknowledging his words. My mind was a mess, an emotional mess.

I bit my lip anxiously. Damn can't we get there already?!

We finally reached the hospital and after we parked I got out the door and sprinted to the entrance of the hospital.

I ran to the desk and spotted a plumpish, dark skinned lady with square glasses and a round face.

"How may I help you, honey?" She asked me with a polite smile.

"I'm looking for Gerald. Gerald Iver, he was submitted because of a car crash." I told her frantically and impatiently tapped my fingers on the desk while she looked through her computer.

"I unfortunately cannot let you through, it's family only." She said with a apologetic look.

My anger was rising by the minute.