My new room

I gaped at the huge room before me.
"This is bigger than my living room at home" I told him.
He smiled "Wait until you see the pool, and since this is your house too you can't row parties if you want to, my parents would love it if you did actually, they get mad that I never do."
I smiled "Just us weirdos then."
He chuckled "So, this is your room and just so you know I kinda told my parents I was courting you. They don't need to know how bad the situation really is, they already worry about me enough."
"That's really sweet" I told him "How you all look out for each other."
He nodded "Yeah, and you can't say anything around Lasie, she's just a kid who's fully human, she doesn't need to know that her mother slept with an angel and that her big brother's actually a half brother."
I nodded "I'm fine with that Lucas, I get that you want to protect her."
He smiled "Good, so. The maids brought your things in and put them away."
I blushed at the thought of some stranger touching my underclothes.
Lucas smiled softly "Snow, I promise I'll do anything to protect you."
He stepped towards me and leaned in to kiss me.
Subduction
I pulled back.
My power was to draw people in. Lucas didn't actually care about me, he just fell for my trick.
Lucas stepped back, the hurt obvious on his face and he shook his head "I'm sorry, I have no idea why I thought that was okay." Then he left.