Chapter 1

Plan B

Is what I should've had........but I didn't take plan A seriously.

Control

When my mind says yes but my body says no...........I should've listened to my mind.

Ignorance

I should've thought this through.

Common Sense

That was a stupid mistake.

Now

Here I am sitting in the doctors office alone, on a Thursday afternoon, waiting for my results to come back. I didn't know what I was thinking back then but whatever was in my mind then should have been 'go home, watch white chicks, and eat pizza.............But life ain't how you want it to be. Hi I am Karter Monaé Johnson and today I am officially 2 months pregnant.

Nurse#1: Ms.Johnson

I stand up

Nurse#1: Follow me please the doctor is ready for your check up.

I follow the nurse to room 406

Nurse#1: Ms. Johnson here is your hospital gown to change into.

She hands me the gown as I quietly say thank you. Then I head to the bathroom to change. Once I come out I sit on the bed again.

Nurse#1: The doctor will be here shortly.

After she leaves silence filled the room.

Me: How am I going to take care of a child on my own

The doctor walks in after a couple of minutes

Doctor: Hello Ms. Johnson I am Yolanda Green, I am going to be your doctor the rest of your pregnancy .

I nod my head

Doctor Green: So today you will have your first ultrasound scan to check on the baby since you are about 2 months along.

Me: yes and I'm really excited about this. hint the sarcasm

Doctor Green: ignoring the sarcasm Ms. Johnson may I ask where the father of the child is.

Me: I don't know. Probably fucking one of his broads. Doctor Green may I have a custody form and paternity test please, just in case he denies the child.

Doctor Green: Are you sure you're going to do this because once the father of the child signs it there is no way to reverse it.

Me: Oh I'm positive about this.

Doctor Green: I will give you the papers after the ultrasound scan.

Time skip after the sonogram check and receiving the custody form and the paternity test........

As I'm walking out the building to the parking lot I am speechless. Besides the fact that I have a custody form and paternity test in my hands I also have the first ultrasound picture of my child.