Beach Days

"Favorite song of all time?"

"Easy, Free Falling, John Mayer."

"Hmm, favorite color?"

"Still orange and blue."

"Favorite animal?"

"Turtles of course."

"Okay, favorite movie?"

"Well that's hard.."

"What's it between H?"

"A toss up between Love Actually, Titanic, and the Notebook."

"Of course," Louis smirked, grinning at Harry.

The sun shined hotly over Southport beach. Simon had seen the warmer weather as a golden opportunity.

--
Earlier that morning...

"Harry your phone," Liam tossed the ringing machine onto his friend's chest.

Louis and Harry lay side by side on the carpeted floor, watching Liam's hair blow back and forth as the turning fan blew cool air over him.

It was too hot to do anything today and the boys had settled on relaxing in the air conditioning and eating ice pops.

Harry glanced at the caller I.D. and sighed, reluctantly moving the phone to his ear.

Louis peeked over his bandmate's shoulder to read the name on the tiny screen.

"Gimme," Louis grinned, holding his hands out for Harry to toss him the phone.

Harry smiled, quickly giving up the call to the oldest.

"Oh Simon's going to love this one," Louis laughed before answering.

"Good morning Mr.Styles," Simon's condescending voice greeted Louis before he could say a word.

"Well it was before you called, how are you Mr.Cowell? Are you the bearer of bad news today?"

"What..Louis? I did not call to talk to you, give your bandmate the bloody phone!" Simon raged after recognizing the boy's voice.

"Of course, of course," Louis snickered, throwing the cell phone at Niall who just walked into the room.

Niall shot the boys a confused look, holding the phone up to his ear with uncertainty.

"Hello?" Niall answered.

"Niall? If Harry is not the very next voice I hear, i swear to..." Niall's eyes widened as he tossed the phone back to Harry in the middle of Simon's threat.

Harry grinned, finally speaking to their boss.

"Hi Simon..mmhm..sure"

The three other boys exchanged looks .

"Okay, right now? You'll send us the address? Okay, bye," Harry hung up, eyes meeting Louis'.

"Not that you have a choice, but want to go to the beach with me?" Harry smiled innocently.

"Not that I could say no, but I'd love to."

~

And so the two boys were sitting on towels and drawing patterns in the sand as they asked each other aimless questions.