Loopholes

"You've got mail," Liam popped around the corner, handing Louis and Harry a card.

Date cards became commonplace around the flat, and Harry reveled in the fact that his life began resembling an episode of "The Bachelor".

Louis hummed, happily acknowledging the peace that filled the room. It wasn't long ago that these discrete messages from Richard and Simon brought an undeniable feeling of doom.

Harry yawned, reaching over Louis to grab the letter and read about the next big move in the stunt.

The 21 year old read the paper silently and smiled.

"Soo...today we get to pick," Harry grinned at his band mate.

"Pick? How so?" Louis squinted at the letter.

"Simon says as long as it gets the public's attention we can decide on where we want to go and he'll pay the expenses."

"Okay lads but anywhere?" Niall looked at the pair and then back up to Liam with a pout.

"I guess so?" Harry squeaked with a shrug of his shoulders.

"So you're telling me, Simon's fully funding whatever you two want to do? Hell put a curly wig on me mate I want an expensive dinner tonight!" Niall flung himself down on top of Louis.

Louis laughed, fanning away the air kisses Niall jokingly blew at him.

"Yeah okay Ni, just grab the extra stilts we keep in the closet and then you'll be set," Liam patted his back and pointed down the hallway with a chuckle.

"I'm not that tall!" Harry complained, crossing his arms yet giggling at the image of Niall stumbling along attempting to impersonate him.

"Where should we go?" Louis laughed again, looking to Harry. The youngest shrugged his shoulders trying to think.

"We could just go to a bar. Normal couples go out and get drinks, right?" Louis suggested a bit uncertain.

It was the nature of fame to be just a tad unaware of what was and wasn't normal for the average person to be out doing.

"That sounds great Lou," Harry smiled as though he knew something Louis did not.

"I'll ring Simon then."

Louis walked out of the room to make his call and Harry rushed to his closet to pick an outfit for the evening.

"Out of everything they could be doing or buying to drain Simon of his money and they pick cheap cocktails?" Niall looked up with exasperation to see what Liam thought.

"Peculiar choice honestly," Liam matched Niall's confusion.

"Exactly because they could be fine dining in an hour, not that they can't afford it already, but might as well make the most of a bad situation, I mean jeez isn't it.." Niall started up.

"No Niall not because of that," Liam interrupted.

"Why then?" The Irish lad stood up to match Liam's concentrated gaze.

"Well because the paps aren't allowed into those kinds of places. They're only ever on the doorsteps..." Liam shook his head as Niall looked down the hallway to where Harry and Louis had disappeared.

~

"So I talked to Simon and he liked the idea. Said...he said just not to get too pissed because the fans don't like us getting out of control with alcohol," Louis stuttered making something up to tell Harry in the back of the limo.

It was on the phone with Simon that Louis learned the paps would be waiting for them outside the bar instead of inside.

The chestnut haired boy swallowed hard recalling what Simon had actually said: "a bar then? Sneaky little loophole for you and Mr.Styles to get out of doing your stunt for tonight. I'll allow it this time since you boys should appear like any other celebrity couple out and about. Paparazzi will be waiting at the entrance all night. Give me some believable shots."