Becoming Philicity

"No..no, no..nah." Phil said to no one in particular. Phil's favorite song was playing in the background as they looked in the mirror but no matter how hard they tried it still didn't look right. "Purple maybe? Mm, no." Phil said, putting the dress down. Phil was sat in her room with three pretty dresses in front of her. Her friend Louise had lent her them so she could get a feel for how it felt to be a girl. Phil was different from the other girls in school and in society. She was born with male genitalia and a male physique. It haunted her everyday because she just couldn't look in the mirror and be happy. One time she tried wearing make up to school and it worked! Except no one really noticed because all she put on was foundation so she just looked like a clear skinned man. But Louise noticed and from then on vowed that she would help Phil achieve her dream.

"Phil? What are you doing?" Louise asked her best friend who was taking makeup off through a front-facing camera on their iPhone. Phil jumped at the sight of Louise and began to sob and hid their face in their hands. Louise comforted Phil and listened to every word as Phil poured her heart and soul out to Louise. Louise put Phils camera away and wiped the remaining excess of her makeup off along with her tears. She then pulled her makeup out of her bag. "W-What are you doing?" Phil asked through her tears. "I'm going to show you how to be a girl." Louise said and then proceeded to give Phil make-up tips for the remainder of that evening behind the school building.

Phil sighed in frustration when suddenly her phone rang. "Hello?" She answered as she folded the dresses up. "Phil? What are you doing tonight?" Louise asked. Phil pondered the thought but couldn't come up with anything. "Nothing I don't think, why?" Phil listened as she heard Louise giggle. "There is a party at a friend of mines tonight and I was curious is you would come. I can come over later and help you get all dolled up!" She laughed excitedly. Phil smiled at the thought of her first night out as a girl but grew nervous at what people would think of her. She lived in a very small town and almost anyone knew everyone. "I don't know Lou, what if they laugh at me.." She whispered but Louise remained strong. "Come on, please! You'll love it!" Louise pleaded. Phil finally gave in and the two girls made plans for later to get ready and leave.

Phil jumped around excitedly and couldn't help the squeal that left her lips. She was finally going out as herself. Not Phil, the schoolboy, but Phil the girl.

A soft knock came at the door and Phil jumped out of her bedroom door, through the hall, down the stairs and opened the door to be met with Louise. Phil allowed her in and the girls giggled as they went into Phils room. Louise laid her makeup out while Phil switched on some music from her youtube playlists. "Ooh, I like it. Who's it from?" Louise asked as she swayed a little. "It's an artist named Troye Sivan, not entirely sure who that is.." Phil admitted but none the less it was a good tune. "Where's the dresses?" Louise asked. Phil wondered over to her closet and grabbed the three dresses from the very back, hidden behind a few coats. Louise couldn't help but notice how secretive Phil has to be around her family. It made her a little sad that Phils parents weren't accepting like most now-a-days would be.

Phil laid the dresses out on the bed and watched Louise ponder before picking up the lacy purple one. "This one would compliment your hair and skin tone perfectly." She said and demanded Phil to change. After putting the dress on Phil felt more confident already. "Wow, look at me!" She giggled as she looked back and forth from her friend to herself in the mirror. She was in shock at how different she felt, but it was a good different.

After half an hour of giggles, jokes, and pampering, Phil was finally ready to go out. Her hair was done to look like a messy pixie cut and her makeup was a bit dark but she wasn't complaining. The dress was her favorite part because it fit her so perfectly that it gave her a feminine physique. "Oh Love, you look adorable!" Louise clapped as she admired her work proudly. Phil gave Louise a tight hug, thanking her, before they both bolted out the door.