Comforting Words

There was only one other person who knew about Louis' feelings apart from himself.

One girl that understood and helped Louis through every last detail.

What the caramel haired boy had to say wasn't shocking news by any means. From the very beginning she noticed the boy's infatuation.

Starting from the X-Factor days that ignited a new but exhilarating feeling inside of Louis and leading all the way up to a few months ago when she called after seeing Harry and Louis' face plastered all over Los Angeles.

It didn't take a genius to recognize the literal heart eyes Louis had for the "Bambi looking one", she quite often called him.

But maybe that was just sibling telepathy.

At any rate, there Louis was again, pacing back and forth on the rooftop with his phone glued to his ear.

"Lottie we need to talk."

"I'm all ears big brother," a sweet voice promised through the speaker.

"The stunt is killing me. I can't do it," Louis grit his teeth together with a heavy breath.

"Oh Louis what's going on?" Lottie worried.

"It hurts too much."

"What's hurting?"

"All this pretending," Louis lied quickly, forgoing his plans to tell his sister the truth. He feared she might think bad of him for somehow still being this scared.

But Lottie was much too smart for Louis' excuses. Even back then she was quicker than her brother.

"You're lying to me Lou."

"Is it that obvious?"

"You still have feelings for him."

"I know."

"Do you remember that night in Pittsburgh? When you called me after the show," Lottie started.

"Vaguely," Louis sighed, remembering how he had broke down that night.

"Well you rang me the moment the concert ended and you were sobbing. Lou I could barely understand what you were saying. But I can still remember what you told me, so so clearly," she continued.

"Lottie you don't have to..."

"You said 'Lottie you're the only one that knows and I don't know who else to tell this to' and then you cried to me and you said 'I love him Lottie, I love him.'"

Louis stayed silent, holding back the same tears that threatened to spill out of his pained blue eyes even now.

"You love him Louis, it's okay," she said over the phone tenderly. No amount of time passed or feelings hidden could make his sister ever think less of him.

Louis was himself and although he was fearful his heart had never loved deeper. This Lottie knew.

"I thought pushing all of this back was what was best for me, and Harry, and the band. I was just doing what I thought was right, but now everything is so..utterly...twisted," the exhausted boy stuttered as he looked out at the sunrise over the city.

Even the melting, pastel colors in the sky couldn't bring him comfort now. The soft hues only reminded him of Harry. How gentle he was and how much he'd adore that particular July sunrise.

"I always had a feeling you and Harry would find your way back to each other but I never predicted it would be like this."

"Lottie," Louis paused.