Chapter 25

I really didn't mean to alarm any of you by asking if I you wanted a sequel. No the story isn't over, it's still got more to go. It's only about 3/4 done. I asked about a sequel though because it's going to affect the end. I apologize for sending some of you into a frenzy. 

And for the people who are waiting for my new story, I'm so sorry it's taken so long. I promise I'll upload it with the next chapter. 

(Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes)\

******************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 25

Evan’s POV:

            I breathed out a sigh of relief as I held her in my arms tightly. I’d recognized her scent a second before she plowed into me. Wrapping my arms around Sutton, I vaguely heard Scott and Kevin plunge into the forest, each going in a different direction. Seconds later I heard growls and the last beats of two hunters’ hearts. Distantly, I knew Jason was watching me with distaste but in that moment all I cared about was that she was here, in my arms, safe.

            “I’ve got you Sutton. I promise nothing’s going to happen to you. You’re safe now.” I murmured gently in her hair. She whimpered softly and buried her face in my shoulder, taking deep breaths.

            “Uhh guys, hate to interrupt but we kind of have to scram.” Spencer interjected. I glanced behind me to see Spence smiling apologetically at me while Jason scowled at my arms that were still locked around Sutton. I glared at him briefly before turning back to Sutton, taking a slight step back.

            “He’s right, we have to-” I growled furiously. Blood dripped from her arm and her cheek was red, like someone had delivered a slap. I didn’t miss the fact that her tied hands clutched at her side and her face was contorted into masked pain. She didn’t want me to know she was hurting. “What the hell happened?”

            “Luke.” She wheezed at. I growled once more and tentatively reach out to touch her cheek. She flinched but I kept my hand on her face. She locked eyes with me and her eyes shown with unshed, glimmering tears.

            “I’ll kill him.” I vowed, taking her softly in my arms once more. I kept my hold on her as I turned to Spencer. “You and Kevin take her to the doctor. Don’t leave her side and tell me if anything happens. Protect her at all costs.”

            “Where are you going?” He asked, though I suspected he already knew.

            “To finish what he started.” By taking my mate, Luke unknowingly started a war between the hunters and the werewolves. And this time we weren’t going down.

            “I’ll protect her with my life.” Spencer promised. I nodded, trusting him. Kevin and Scott walked up in the same moment and Kevin nodded his giant head, agreeing to Spencer’s promise.

            “I’m going with you.” Jason’s voice was gruff and full of anger but he stood, determined. “Not for you, but for her. That bastard isn’t going free after this.” He added.

            “I thought so.” I muttered.

            I looked down at my wounded mate in my arms and carefully took her hands in my own. I ripped the rope easily, freeing her. Red rope burns stood out against her pale skin in the murky moonlight and I felt the anger bubble up even more. Every wound I saw on Sutton made me want to kill Luke even more.