Birthday and A Date

It was July 31. Harry and 'Philip' where currently celebrating Harry's 17th birthday at the Burrow. Harry was officially allowed to use magic outside of school. Harry and Draco were sitting, squished together slightly, on a small sofa Mrs. Weasley owned. Everyone had finished eating the magnificent cake Molly made, and were currently sitting in the living room, waiting for Harry to open up his presents. In front of Harry were 7 presents laid out in front of him; one from Fred and George, one from Ron, one from Hermione, one from Molly, another from Arthur, one from Remus, and another from 'Philip.' Harry gasped.

"Wow! You didn't have to get me so many things. I would have been happy with just a cake." Harry marveled, genuinely surprised that everyone got him a present. Ron, Hermione, and Draco all laughed as they saw Harry's expression. Arthur laughed.

"Oh, come on now. We wanted to, you're apart of this family, too." Molly laughed.

"Ok now, open em' up now." Ron said slightly impatiently. Harry complied. He first opened the present Molly made him.

Harry held up a knitted, dark green and gold striped scarf. "Thank you so much Molly, its amazing!" Draco snickered at the ironic colors.

"I knew you would like it, the color really brings out your eyes." Molly added, chuckling. Harry then folded it back in to box, and opened one up from Arthur. It was a book that explained how the Wizangamot worked, and what the laws and decrees where.

"Wow, thanks Arthur. Remus told me id be needing to learn all of this." Harry said. He was glad to get a practical gift.

"Well, since you are the Black heir, you are going to have to show up to important Wizengamot meetings to represent the Blacks." Arthur added.

Harry moved the book aside, and picked up another present. It was Ron's tradition gift; sweets and Chudley Canon merchandise. Harry laughed. "Thanks Ron." Harry smiled. Even though he wasn't a big fan of sweets anymore, he still appreciated the gift. He then moved to Fred and George's joint present. It looked like a glorified broom.

"Its a message broom. You can record what you want to say, and the broom sends out lights that write down the words you say." Fred explained.

"But it only works after 5 uses, so use it wisely." George winked at Harry. Harry laughed.

"Thanks guys, this is really cool." Harry then carefully laid the broom aside, and moved to the present from Hermione. It was a book about advanced Defensive spells. Harry lit up.

"Thanks Hermione, this is great!" Then Harry grabbed his present from 'Philip.' When he unwrapped it, Harry gasped and blushed, and quickly shut the box.

"I can't believe you did that!" Harry scolded while playfully elbowing Draco, but Draco only laughed.

"What did he get you?" Ron asked. Harry blushed, but took out the present, and revealed a slightly embarrassing picture in a frame. It was Harry drooling slightly on his pillow. But on Harry's face, was the words "Slytherin Pride" written on his forehead.

"He did that in my sleep 2 weeks ago. Took me days to remove the ink. And all because I told him about where the Sorting Hat wanted to place me in first year." Harry pouted playfully.

He then moved to the present Remus got for him. It was very small. When Harry unwrapped the package, it revealed a gold and silver box, with the letter L looping around the letter J. When Harry opened the box, he gasped and covered his mouth. Inside was his mother and fathers wedding rings, hanging off a thin, gold thread. Then beside it were their engagement rings on a separate silver thread. He picked up an old looking note, and carefully unfolded it. The first part read in beautiful cursive writing;