07|STARK EXPO

With a loud groan, Ally's eyes scanned over the seventh book about the human anatomy she had read that morning. At this point, she didn't care that the pancreas was apart of the gastrointestinal system or that the Greek word pyelos meant "tub-shaped vessel," which described the shape of the kidney. All of this was useful information but she was done studying the needed terminology for today.

She pushed back from her desk (which was scattered with papers of formulas and pointless scribbles) and ran a hand through her hazel hair. With another sip of her fourth cup of coffee, she stood up and began to make her way to her wardrobe. Flustered wasn't even close to the right word she wanted to use.

"Stupid boys," she muttered, grabbing a pale purple dress from her wardrobe. "Stupid, stupid." She gave the purple dress another look before tossing it over her shoulder and onto the floor. Ally huffed, unsure of what to wear. If this wasn't her last night in Brooklyn for awhile, she wouldn't have tried so hard. If Bucky hadn't of kissed her, then invited her on a triple-date, she wouldn't have cared at all. "Stupid, stupid, stupid."

Ally had to look better than Bucky's date, she really had to. You can't just kiss someone and then go on a triple-date with them but take someone else as your date! How was this fair to Ally? She finally gave up and picked out a blue skirt, matching it with a white shirt striped with the same shade of blue and a yellow bolero jacket. She pinned her curly hair up before leaving her house to meet Steve and Bucky.

She counted each day since Bucky had kissed her. It's been a week and he hadn't said a thing. Was he too drunk to remember? That was nonsense, he had sobered up. The walk to their usual meeting spot was somehow colder and lonelier than usual. She was Alchemy freaking Jones, she didn't get nervous. Ally leant against a streetlight and waited for her best friends to arrive. In the silence of it all, she actually found it hard to believe that she was jealous.

Bucky came from down the street, sporting his new uniform with a lot of pride. When he noticed Ally waiting under the streetlight, his smile brightened. Acting normal was his superior talent, he wasn't going to let what happened a week ago stop their friendship. He liked it– no he loved it, but he wasn't sure she did since she had pulled away and slammed the door in his face. "What's a pretty girl like you standing here all alone?"

"Fella done me wrong." Ally looked up and grinned, completely starstruck by Bucky in uniform. "Looking good Buck."

"I was hoping so," he smirked. "So do you."

"Thanks Sarge," she joked. "Where's Rogers?"

Bucky waited a minute, giving Steve a chance to show up but he never did. His cocky smile faded and he shoved his hands into his pockets. "Should we check the alley again?"

Ally nodded her head, worried Steve had found another fight. The two of them started to walk towards the first alley and to their own luck, they had found him.

"I can do this all day."

Bucky was the first to run at the other guy who had just punched Steve, Ally close behind. "Hey!" he pushed the guy off of Steve. "Pick on someone your own size!"

The man picking on Steve tried to throw a punch at Bucky but Bucky stepped back, quickly sending his fist into the man's nose. When the man tumbled, Bucky kicked his ass and sent him running. As the man came running near Ally, she stuck out her foot and caused the man to trip before he finally disappeared.

"Sometimes, I think you like getting punched." Bucky shook his head, walking towards Steve.

"I had him on the ropes."

"No you didn't," Ally pulled out a handkerchief from her pocket and pressed it against Steve's face. "Hold the bridge of your nose."

"How many times is this?" Bucky questioned, picking up Steve's enlistment form from the ground. "You know it's illegal to lie on the enlistment form. Seriously? New Jersey?" He handed the form to Ally so she could take a look.