How Sweet > Christian Pulisic

Lena Durm smiled as she took in his scent, resting her head on his chest comfortably. His eyes were fixated on the screen, as an energized Liverpool tried to break down the stubborn Arsenal defence. "That Kieran Gibbs guy is good," he muttered, almost to himself.

She laughed, gazing at the screen her boyfriend was staring at so intently. In front of them sat some of the cakes Christian had baked earlier. Thanks to him, they were only on that couch because they were both having 'food comas'.

As half time approached, Lena reached out for another cupcake, releasing herself from Christian's grasp. He watched as she grabbed onto one, and he laughed. "You still have space for another one?"

Lena took a giant bite of the cupcake and flashed him a smile, her cheeks imitating that of a chipmunks' when full. Christian chuckled, wrapping her around his arms and planting a kiss on her head. It was still tough to believe that the angel in his arms was actually his girl.

"Speaking of which," Christian said as he recalled something. He stuffed his hand into his pocket and fished out a piece of paper. "I believe this is yours," he passed it to her, a cheeky grin across his face.

At first she was confused, not remembering that Christian owed her anything. But as she unfolded the paper and scanned the writing, a smile slowly formed across her face. "You remembered!" She exclaimed, enveloping him into a massive bear hug.

Christian laughed, hugging her back. Of course he remembered. How could he forget?

🌏

He frowned as he stared at the remaining box of cupcakes he had intended to distribute to his teammates. He thought three for each teammate was perfect, but coach had other ideas.

"This is great, as usual," coach Tuchel mumbled, his mouth full of Christian's delectable dark chocolate cupcake, "but you probably shouldn't feed us more than one each."

Coach was right, unfortunately, and Christian knew that. So he wasn't exactly sure why he felt so dejected as he walked from the training ground cradling the box in his arms. Maybe it was because he didn't like the thought of wastage. He had to give these away. Fast.

"My brother's picking me up, don't worry."

Christian's head almost jolted up when he heard that familiar voice in the distance. Lena Durm was standing by the carpark, waving at her friends as they walked off. Lena was Erik's sister, who he had been crushing on for the longest time. He glanced at the box in his hands before finally convincing himself it was the perfect excuse to approach her.

"Hey there," he casually greeted her, giving his best charade to hide his nervousness. Her eyes seemed to brighten when they saw him. "Hey," she replied with a small smile.

"So," he began, "I made some extra cupcakes," he held out the box. "You can have it all," he suggested, flashing her a cheeky grin. Lena was shocked for a moment, before laughing quietly. "Erik did say your cupcakes are the best," she said.

He chuckled, "they're not always the best. But these are perfect," Christian glanced at the box before beaming at her, "and guess who's the lucky one getting a whole box?"

"You don't have to split with Erik, he's had his share," he reassured her immediately.

Lena found herself smirking at him. Erik had always gushed about Christian's cupcakes, yet she had never tasted them herself. Now right in front of her was the opportunity she had been long awaiting for. Not just for the sweet treats, but for the person behind them too.

"I'll take them if you give me your recipe," she proposed, grinning sheepishly. Christian narrowed his eyes at her, impressed by how secretly sly she was. He had made it clear to the team his recipe was clandestine, but here was Lena, blatantly asking for his secret recipe.

He thought for a moment. "Maybe if we're dating I'll give it to you," he said before laughing loudly, doing his best to hide the redness he felt going to his cheeks. Thankfully, Lena only treated it like a joke. Or so he thought.

She placed her hands on her hips, laughing in hopes of bringing his attention away from her blushing cheeks, "is that a challenge?" Christian shrugged, smiling shyly, "maybe."

Lena grinned at him, "challenge accepted."

Another one of my cute little puppy as requested by Maggie, @dukie1540 :) Hope yall enjoyed it! Also, if you have requested or want to request, I promise I will do it as soon as I possibly can. So sorry it's taking so long ): but thank you for reading as always!

Friends! I have decided to write a long story based off of this particular one-shot!! Hope you guys could check it out ♥️☺️