F o u r

「   F O U R

「   F O U R 」

:

My head began to flutter into pulsing agony as my consciousness began to regain its composure. A harsh sharp pain began to grow, cresting a irritating throb of discomfort. I slowly peeled my eyes open, peaking through the cracks of my long curled lashes of my hazel brown eyes , my vision very hazy.

My pupils focusing like the lense if a camera of the dark damp smelling room that I lay in.

I applied a small amount of pressure to the palms of my hands upon the floor , lifting me from my curled up feral position , curled up on the floor .

I winced as I felt a warm liquid  trickling  down the side of my head. I brought my hand up gingerly touching the  cooking liquid with my finger tips, it felt sticky and a little flakey .

I found the opening of the source to the substance. I brought my fingers to my eyes to see the crimson glimmer of blood coating them. Each drop creeping to the carvings of my skin, running through the cracks like rivers.

The source felt like a small cut upon my forehead, a gash at that.

I sat helpless in the darkness of my confinement's, the dim light from a over hanging light flickering.

The shrilling cries coming from outside the metal door. The paint falling off leaving old erode metal patches, almost brittle.

I felt my body stiffen as a blood curdling scream erupted from behind the door. The walls shaking, feeling as thought they were closing in.

Terrified I huddled into the corner of the room. Hoping, praying that this was all just a terrible nightmare. Tears falling from my eyes. 

The sound of a lock on my door being unbolted made me jump, scurrying further into the wall, fearing whoever is on the other side. A sharp beam of light crept into the room blinding me. My eyes snapping shut as it blinded me.

Raising my fragile hand to shield my eyes, I opened them wearily.

The silhouette in the door way stood tall, hands behind their back peering in.

" rise and shine little one"

It was Jerome. He eagerly walked towards me , his eyes stared through me . He knelt down , I could feel his warm breath fanning on to my cheeks .

" We're going on a little trip. You're coming with me now"

His hand grasped  my arm, hauling me up to my feet, forcefully dragging me out that dark room before I could even compose myself or stand properly. My feet a stumbling shaking mess. I must of looked like a baby deer taking its first steps.