Seriously, Shoot Me Now

Harmony

I am finally heading towards the ending of my day and my last class, math. Internally I groan. Numbers and I do not mesh well. Unless there are dollar signs before them, I just don't see the need. I make a quick stop at my locker to drop off my any unneeded books when I suddenly smell the most delicious aroma. Warm milk chocolate with a hint of smooth creamy caramel. Shutting my locker door, I turn to search out the source and come into direct eye contact with a pair of eyes that match the delicious smell. Brown pools of chocolatey goodness.

So that's what was hiding behind Trevors glasses.

He's like a 6 ft., walking, talking version of a Twix bar which happens to be my favorite candy of all time.

Only now noticing how quiet it is, I tear my eyes away from his and see that the hallway is empty. Classes must be starting.

Giving him a pointed look I say, "Excuse me." but when he doesn't move I huff in irritation and start to make my way around him only to have my back pushed against the lockers as he runs his nose up crease between my neck and shoulder, inhaling deeply. I want to push him away but I can't seem to make my arms follow that command. My wolf won't let me.

Trevor looks up and I can see his eyes are shinning, so his wolf is taking over as well. We stare mesmerized with each other, as if we're in a world of our own. The last time I felt like this was....NO! This can't be, it's not possible! The sound of a door closing breaks us out of our trance.

Shaking himself, he looks at me with eyes back to their beautiful brown filled with...disgust...and shoves me roughly away from him. "This can't be, I don't want this!" he states angrily.

It's like a case of déjà vu. I can't go through this again, not another rejection. How is this even possible? I already have a mate, I can't have another. It's a good thing I already learned to harden my heart or this encounter might have broken me. I'm not going to lie, I could already feel my cracks forming, but I fight against it.

So he doesn't want this, well news flash Mr. high and mighty, neither do I. I've already traveled down this path and I sure as hell didn't want to make the journey again.

"Don't worry, I already have a mate so this must be lifes cruel way of kicking me when I'm down." I say, my voice laced with ice.

A sudden growl leaves his throat, eyes glowing once again, this time in anger, as he faces me, "MINE."

What? Did he not just say he didn't want me? He must be bi polar and in need of his meds.

"Don't worry. He rejected me just as you're about to so don't bother, I already know the drill. You don't want me, blah, blah, blah, I'll live." I say roughly with every intention of walking away, but of course he has a different idea.

Grabbing my arm he forces me to face him and I notice his eyes are back to normal as he says angrily, "You don't understand."

"I don't want to or need to! I think I can figure it out for myself. You enjoy the single care free life with a different girl warming your bed every morning. No problem, continue on as if this little meeting never happened. I could care less." I tell him even though it upsets my wolf to say.

"That's not it." his voice still holds anger but there is something else there too, something sad and...broken. What pain is lurking in his past?

"It doesn't matter, I don't want this either. Been there, done that, and so over it. You just stay away from me and I'll stay away from you. We can go on living our lives as if we've never met. I refuse to move again because of an immature, selfish wolf." I successfully break away from him and stalk off holding myself together until I make it to the girls restroom and let the tears fall.