P h o t o #49 - Delightfully Delightful

"It's so...so good." I swooned, dipping get another little pastry square into the fountain.

Kayla nodded next to me, doing the same movements, "Yeah, Tanner's family may not be as well off as ours, but they still have money to spare, and that means the food is always fantastic at his parties."

I savored the flavor of the sweet chocolate, making sure I wasn't talking with my mouth full before answering, "How do his parents let him throw such huge bashes anyways?"

"They're always out of town, plus they don't really care as long as he cleans up the place afterwards." Kayla shrugged, popping yet another chocolate covered biscuit in between her pink lips, "Oh, that's right. How's my lipstick by the way?"

I squinted downwards, only to be hit by a wave of dizziness. I swallowed the feeling down, not sure what it was brought on by, "They're fine, why?"

"Good, just making sure that long lasting lipstick I bought for us was doing its job. Yours looks great too!" She responded, giving me a thumbs up. Clearly this girl was a lover of all things cosmetics, I could tell just by the happy look on her face.

I turned to the guys behind us trying to look past the colorful lights and many moving bodies, "Why haven't you guys had anymore of this chocolate? It's great!"

Cooper gazed down at me and I smiled wide, earning a strange look from his, "I'm not a huge fan of hot chocolate." He voiced over the loud music.

The other boys agreed in unison, saying that it was way too sweet for their tastes and they didn't know just what Tanner put into it. Elliot seemed the most displeased with the display since he had hoped the chocolate would be bitter in contrast with the pastries. I giggled at that, he was always ever the food critique, "That's too bad. Pretty sure you're the only teenage boys who'd care so much, but it's a shame."

I barely noticed the stunned looks the four gave me at my bluntness due to my chortles. Soon it seemed my slap happy laughter couldn't be tamed, and soon I found myself losing some self control, my head muddled and swaying. I leaned over towards Elliot, almost smacking right into his chest, "I mean, I knew you didn't like sweet things, but come on! Who can resist a chocolate fountain?"

He stared down at me with wide hazel eyes, his irises darker under the tinted light bulbs above our heads. I narrowed my eyes up at him, trying to get a better view of his surprised face as he studied me below.

Just as he was about to open his mouth to speak, a girl suddenly lost her footing behind him and fell into his back, as well as Cooper's at his side. The two both flew around as the blonde steadied herself, running a hand through her extraordinarily long curls.

"I'm sorry I-" She stopped herself, blue eyes as wide as saucers, "Elliot? Cooper?! You guys finally made it!"

I stumbled back, unsure how to take it as both of the boys' expressions soured. I turned to Kayla, my questions blatant on my face.

"Courtney," She whispered back, "A girl in my French class in college. Last year she had her eyes set on both Elliot and Cooper, she didn't care which, and I don't think she ever really gave up even after graduation. She's...quite the crazy force to be reckoned with."

My eyes went back to the girl in question, watching as she practically swished in her flowing baby blue dress, her hands pinching the tips of her glossy strands of her as she spoke with Cooper, who looked evidently unsure of how to handle someone for once. Usually he had a smile on his face in any situation, and in front of anyone for that matter, but he almost looked uncomfortable under her heated eyes. Elliot didn't look to find of her company either, his gaze sweeping over the floor as if to find something to distract him.