Chapter 8

Maybe Damon didn't hurt her, maybe someone else did? I mean I saw no proof and Caroline never said that he did it. Ugh, I'm thinking too much about this.

I groan and sit up, running my hand through my hair. I've been just lying there for like three hours thinking because I couldn't fall back to sleep. I shake my head and head to the bathroom. I open the door and see Vicki Donovan, brushing her teeth. In my bathroom...not wearing pants...

"I'm sorry, I'm almost done." Vicki apologizes, giving me a nervous smile.

"Uh, take your time." I reply before shutting the door.

What the hell? I guess Jer really did hook up with Vicki Donovan. I don't know if I should be happy or worried. I guess I will be happy and Elena will be the worrier, that's how it usually is.

I sigh and throw on some clothes, grabbing my bag. I walk down the stairs and see Elena and Jenna in the kitchen.

"Are you two aware of what's going on upstairs?" I ask, walking over to them.

"Uh huh." they both say. I tilt my head to the side in disbelief.

"And neither of you have any objects?" I ask.

"Yes" Elena says at the same time Jenna says,

"Well he could at least be craftier about it, make an effort to sneak her in and out. Oh and just so you know, I won't be home for dinner." Jenna smiles looking down at the table.

"So your actually going to go out with news guy?" I laugh.

"Yes, I am going to show up and torture him." Jenna jokes but quickly changes the subject. "Have you heard from Stefan?" Jenna asks Elena.

"Not since he left that very vague message three days ago." Elena says, then tries her best male voice, "Hi..um...Elena...I have something I have to do.....uh.... I'll....explain in a few days." I burst out laughing and steal Elena's cereal. She sighs and just pours herself another bowl.

"Haven't you called him?" I ask amused.

"Nope." Elena says popping the P, "Not going to either."

"And your okay with everything?" Jenna asks quietly.

"No I'm not okay with any of it but I'm not gonna cry about any of it either. I was gonna write in my diary this morning but then I thought, what am I gonna write? Am I honestly gonna be one of those pathetic girls that there whole world stops spinning because of some guy?" Elena shouts angrily and stuffs some cereal in her mouth.

"Don't worry sis, I know how you feel. I recently just broke up with my boyfriend and my friend totally betrayed me. So I guess we can both have our world stop spinning." I smile sadly.

"Okay then." Jenna says slowly. I smile and put my arm around Elena's shoulders.

"We'll be fine." I smirk as we walk away. The smirk immediately leaves me face once Jenna can't see. Will we really be fine?

-----------------

Elena and I look over at Caroline as she walks through the hall passing flyers out for the sexy studs carwash with her usual perkiness. I frown at my friend but she doesn't even look over at me.

"Unbelievable, it's like nothing happened." Elena says aggravated.

"She's in denial, like I was when Tyler you know, hit me." I say looking down at the ground. Elena puts a hand on my arm for reassurance.

"Hey." a voice says from behind us. We spin around and see the one and only Stefan Salvatore. Elena and him stare at each other for a few moments and I can tell I am not wanted.