43. A Home and A Heart

I'M JUST SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT!

Dedicated to SilverRos for all you amazing support and encouragement. You don't know how much it means to me.

A huge shout-out to VeronMesia for being such an incredible supporter of this story from the very beginning. I can't thank you enough!

This chapter is not very exciting or very thrilling or very insightful or very anything actually, but I did my best so I really hope you guys like it.

This chapter is unedited so please excuse the grammatical errors. Enjoy!

_____

RECAP

"She's..." he breathed out, and it pained us all to see how hard this situation was for the Alpha. He took a deep, "She's-"

"Alright"

My breath caught in my throat and everyone's eyes went wide when a sweet, feminine voice drifted to our ears from behind us. And joy unfathomable seared through each one of us as all our heads whipped back towards the source of it, that voice...

That familiar voice!...

The minute our eyes landed on the pale, fragile, beautiful young woman standing at the top of the stairs, the greatest relief we had ever felt rained down on us all like a downpour, with no one even caring to ask, how...

And Alpha Zuerien stepped forward, his eyes wide in disbelief and breathed out in a voice filled with unparalleled affection,

"Suzzanah..."

****

Zuerien's POV

She's back! My Suzzanah's back!

I almost couldn't contain the surge of emotions that exploded within me at the sight of my mate, as she stood at the top of the stairs, looking down at us.

She was conscious, she was up on her feet, she was-

She was alive!

She's back...

The minute she uttered the word, "Alright", her eyes zeroed in on me, and she smiled. It was the same, her familiar, gentle and warm smile, and I knew she was trying to reassure us.

That small gesture was enough to do so. Her smile could lift the spirits of the weariest of souls, and I could say that without the slightest of doubt, because I saw it with my own eyes.

Right then and there, I saw the crestfallen faces of every person standing beside me disappear in a flash, being replaced by incandescent joy.

It was the kind of joy that accompanied an answered prayer, the kind of elation that was born out of a fulfilled hope.

It was...the kind of affection...that welled up from the very bottom of one's heart, and left them feeling like they could burst from the intensity of it.

She's back...

"Suzzanah..." I found myself breathing out her beautiful name, as I could no longer hold in my turbulent emotions.

Holding onto the railing, she took one unsteady step forward and the very next second, I found myself dashing up the stairs at a speed that was exceptional, even for me.

"Zue-", she was in my arms before she could even finish the word, and I held her so close to me that it was like she had become a part of me.

But then again, she was. She was a part of me, the most important part of me.