08|DREAM BOAT

Nicolaus woke Ally up in the middle of the night to make sure she hadn't left without a farewell. He crawled into her bed and rested his head against the neighbouring pillow, watching as Ally rubbed her eyes tiredly. He hadn't slept much since she officially announced she was taking part in the war. When she left for that one month, the household suddenly became much more empty and cold to him.

The Jones siblings all looked alike but Ally and Nico could get away with being twins if Ally wasn't almost eight years older than him. They both had the same gold eyes and hazel strands of soft hair.

"Hey?" he poked her shoulder. "Ally?"

Still partially awake, Ally rolled onto her side and faced her younger brother. "What's up?"

"You'll come back again, right?"

"Of course," she nodded her head. "I'm just leaving for awhile Nico, just like last time."

"No goodbyes?"

"No goodbyes."

Goodbye's where always the hardest thing for Ally, and Nico knew that better than anyone. She never liked the feeling of someone leaving and having a small glint of fear that that may be the last time she ever saw them. When she graduated as valedictorian from her High School, her speech didn't have one goodbye since she didn't want it to be the end of the line. Goodbye sounded like she was going away forever while a simple 'see you later' was so much more promising.

"I'll take you to Germany when this war ends," Ally promised. "It was beautiful when we weren't busy."

"Did you save a lot of lives?"

"You bet."

"Good," Nico smiled. "My sister is a hero."

When the time came for Ally to leave Brooklyn once more, Rosa cried...again. Harold tried his best to be supportive but failed miserably. Although he was clearly very proud of his youngest daughter, he still feared for the worst. Kepler on the other hand, was not happy at all. He was enrolled in one of the most expensive colleges in the world and his parents refused to let him give up that for a chance to shoot a gun. Ally didn't blame her parents, she didn't want Kepler anywhere near the war either.

Ally was excited, no doubt. Her life was destined to be lived to the fullest and she was doing so, alongside James Buchanan Barnes. It had been exactly eight days since he had kissed her and she found herself growing more anxious to know what it had meant. Ally was never one to ask, she had always stollen drunken kisses at parties or would accidentally lead men on for weeks. What made Bucky so different? Was it because she actually had feelings for the boy she considered her best friend?

Impossible.

Then again, Alchemy Jones could do the impossible in less than a day.

"Take care darling," Rosa held onto her daughter for a little longer than needed. "Write us everyday and tell us everything!"

"Of course mama."

"I trust that James will look after you for as long as he can," Harold commented, shaking his head. "My brave girl, we will see you in a few weeks."

Before Kepler could speak, Ally engulfed him into a hug. "Stay out of trouble while I'm gone."

Kepler shrugged, shoving his hands into his pockets. "I've got no time for trouble when I have to be the oldest kid of the house and attend college classes."

"Make questionable choices," she joked, kissing her brother on the cheek. "Take care of yourself."

Nico looked up from his shoes, all while running a hand through his hazel hair. "Still no goodbyes?"