Thats depressing

Two months later🍂

The leaves are now in a orange/yellow stage. I loved fall. The cool air that breezed past my head as I walked and the colorful leaves that crunched as I walked on the side walk. Kacy had been leaving a lot so I had little company. School was boring but I was excelling. Getting the highest score on everything with few people close to me. One of those people included Zach. Honestly I hated when he beat me. Though I'd never even talked to him. Today was November 23rd. My birthday. Kacy was already up outlining her eyes in black. I rolled my eyes and sat up.

Good morning Holly! Kacy signed through the mirror.

Morning I signed and left to my wardrobe. I picked white jeggings and a light gray sweatshirt which had white palm trees along the bottom. I retreated to the bathroom to change. I tied my hair in a messy bun in the top of my head and slid a grey head band on. Adding on some mascara, blush, and lip gloss I left into my bedroom where Kacy was ready.

Well, your dressed like a bum today she grinned.

Your not to fancy yourself, I replied teasingly even if she looked a lot better than me.

We quietly left the building careful not to wake any of the girls and emerged in cool fall air. I smiled at the refreshing feeling, and walked down the walkway. Orange leaves crunched under the pressure of grey boots and made me feel like I was walking on anything but a sidewalk. They echoed when I could focus but it was just my imagination. What I imagine they would sound like. But I'll never know. I skipped to the corner of the last store where we would turn and see the school I had not entirely hated. It was almost an escape.

Kacy raced after me in the black combat boots we shared. Like many of our other clothes. We entered at the same time and left to our lockers. I opened mine with ease and gathered my books, including the book I had to write a book report on, The fault in our stars. I was really enjoying it, since reading was one of the few things I do on a regular basis.

As we walked through the hallway where the boys lockers was. I saw Zach with his group of friends, swarming around him like bees. I watched his lips and it was like reading an open book.

Guys leave me alone. She doesn't like me. He said. Who's she? I felt bad for eaves dropping since he didn't even know I was there so I walked down the hallway to my English class. Zach came in not long after Kacy and I had sat down. He sat in front of me, like always. I don't know why I felt disappointed about him liking a girl. I didn't like him. I don't think.

Mr. Crane came in already upset looking and talking about the difference between idioms and hyperboles. I rolled my eyes and rested my head on my fists.

     After over two hours of ranting about idioms or hyperboles, half the class was asleep. I stood up and hurriedly walked toward gym. Being in fist fights in the orphanage really helped my fitness.

Not eating much kept me thin. Today we'd be running, something I haven't done in a while. I was nervous. I dressed quickly before anyone else came in. Kacy was the first to come in as I was leaving the changing room to the gym. She smiled and I waved in reply. I sat on the bleachers outside alone until I saw dirty blond head come out of the guys dressing room across the gym. He sat on the bleacher as I opposite on the top.

He was very quite. I rarely even saw him talking. Though he sat at the popular table. I shrugged the question off. More people emerged from the wooden doors where they had been dressing and sat around me, shielding me from his stares.

I was shook into reality unwantingly my Kacy. Everyone was starting outside for the mile test. I hopped down the bleachers and jogged across the gym floor and through the doors to the track we would run four laps around. I walked up to the line where we would start our mile run. I watched her wave the flag down and started to run.