Chapter 18: Arguments, French Toast, And Travel Plans

I roll over onto a warm surface. I smile and snuggle into it and the familiar scent of orchids, vanilla, and desert lily. The smell of Cole. Wait, Cole? Why is he here? I shoot up. Didn't he leave after I fell asleep. I rub my now aching head, note to self:never sit up that fast again. His eyes open up and he gives me a tired smile.

"Hey, sleep well?" he asks me in his morning voice. I nod and slouch over, resting my elbows against my knees.

"Yeah, my head just hurts." I say. He sits up and rubs my cheek.

"Why is that?" he asks me. I shake my head and get out of bed.

"It's nothing, it's a side effect of pregnancy." I say and walk to the bathroom, pregnancy does a number on your bladder.

"Want some ibuprofen or something?" he asks me.

"Um no, can't take that." I say as I wash my hands.

"Kay. Do you want some coffee then?" he asks, coming to the other side of the door. I open it and shake my head.

"Can't have that either. I have to just deal with it." I respond and walk to my closet and look through my outfits before deciding on a grey light hoodie, and some jeans with white low top converse (outfit above). I grab the clothes and walk into the bathroom.

"Nothing I haven't seen before." he says and wraps his arms around my stomach and rubs small circles.

"Well I don't plan on you seeing it again." I snap angrily and take his hands off me and walk into the bathroom to change. He follows me, but I shut the door in his face. He's getting on my nerves!

"Come on babe, we were in a good place last night." he says. I sigh and pull on my jeans and tank top, before pulling on my sweatshirt.

"Wow, babe, so original!" I respond, irritated. I brush my hair and put it in a low side-pony.

"Morgan, what's with the mood change?" he asks me. I rinse my face.

"It's another side effect of pregnancy. You would know if you were there!" I say and quickly brush my teeth before exiting the bathroom. I push Cole out of the way and walk to my vanity as I apply some red lipstick, blush, some eyeshadow and eyeliner, my normal.

"Don't put that on, you look prettier without it." he says as he looks at me. I look at him, annoyed now.

"You have no right to say what I should and shouldn't wear! You aren't my freaking mother!" I shout at him. He sighs and crashes on my bed.

"Whatever, I'm trying to help." he says tiredly. I growl.

"Well don't! I manage fine on my own! Now go home Cole! You're not wanted here!" I shout. He stands up and walks to my window.

"Fine. Goodbye!" he snaps and jumps out the window. I leave my room angrily and walk downstairs. It's Saturday, so I don't have to wake up Logan. I walk downstairs and sit next to Ashley on the couch. She's staying here for the next week, so we have time to hang out.

"Trouble in paradise?" she asks me and scoops pudding in her mouth.

"More like trouble in hell. He is so annoying! He can't just pop in randomly. If he wants to be here for his kid, he needs to dedicate, and visit through the front door maybe." I explain. She nods understandably and gets up.

"Want something to eat?" she asks me. I nod and lift a thumbs up so she can see.

"Yes please, can you make french toast? And then drench it in chocolate syrup! Please!" I say pleadingly. She laughs.

"I understand cravings and all, but chocolate dressing on french toast?" she says amused. I roll my eyes.

"Whatever. Just do it." I say with a smile and change the show to 'Young And Hungry'.

"Hey! I was watching that!" Ashley says. I shrug.

"Eh, whatever, I wanted to watch this." I say and pay attention to the drama playing on screen. I laugh at one of Elliott's comments. He is the best!

"So, back to the Cole thing. Maybe you should get away or something. You need a break." she says. I sigh.

"Yeah, but I can't leave. Logan and my Mom need me. Not to mention schooling." I explain.

"Yeah, but not like, for the rest of your life. We should go somewhere fun this summer while the baby is still young. Like Dallas, Florida, Hawaii, Alaska, oh, or maybe New York!" she says excited. I shrug.

"I don't know, I can't take this baby away from everyone after it's born, I can't take it away from Cole, or my Mom, or Em." I say. I need help with this baby the first few months.

"Come on girl, they won't mind, okay, maybe Cole will, but after everything, he should grant you this one thing. Like, he rejected you and got you pregnant! Dude, he should definitely let you. He needs to realize what it's like to not have your mate." she says.

"He already does. We were both separated after he rejected me." I defend.

"Dude, why you defending him? He caused you so much pain. He rejected you." she says as she sets down my french toast on my lap.

"Thanks. And yes, Cole did reject me, but I can't let you talk about him like that. I literally can't, because of the bond. I always have to defend him. If I didn't have to, I would have already erased him from my life, and judge him with you." I say and dig into my french toast.

"I just can't believe he would hurt you like that. He's supposed to love unconditionally. He's supposed to protect you. But here he is, hurting you so bad, when you sit here and defend him. Like yeah, he's cool and whatever. But he's a big jerk to you, his mate, his forever.

I nod and sigh, "I know but I can't take his baby away from him, I just can't." I say to her.

But I secretly wonder, if she's right, if I should leave this summer, with my baby. He has hurt me, he needs a taste of rejection.

Okay, so finally, Morgan realized how big of a jerk Cole is. Finally! Vote and comment, means a lot!
Kisses,😘