chapter 4: desire

When I woke up we were still driving but it was a lot lighter out.

“Are we getting close, Zero?” I asked in a small voice, sitting up. He glanced at me as if he had forgotten I was in the car with him, which was weird considering I was sleeping against his shoulder. Maybe he just didn't feel me there...? Anyways, he nodded.

“It shouldn't be too long now.” He responded softly.

Jake stared out in front of him as if oblivious to us and our conversation. Zero wasn't lying, about five minutes later we arrived into a thick forest which we proceeded into by a small trail. The others continued to follow from close behind us.

Eventually we came up to a fairly large house with another huge garage. But the garage and house were a good distance away from eachother as the house was on a slight hill and the house was below it. Zero and his hills. It was a strange house. It was literally a black house with tinted windows.

As we pulled into the garage I looked over at Jake for one reason or another and I saw what appeared to be a disgusted look on his face. He was looking out the back window as the other cars pulled into the garage.

“What?” I asked, not able to stop myself. I bit my lip, wishing I would think before I spoke.

He looked at me now. Just like Zero, he seemed to forget I was there. His gaze was on Zero now who shut off the truck. Zero looked at me for a moment then turned his attention on Jake.

“What?” He repeated my question.

Jake looked disgusted again, like he were going to be sick.

She's here...” He grunted. I looked at Zero now who had the same disgusted look on his face.

“You don't mean...” Zero's voice trailed off.

They looked at eachother at the same time, both letting out a pained groan in unison. Before I could curiously ask who they were talking about there was a banging noise on top of the truck. I think I had my answer.

Standing in front of us, wide eyed and smiling with delight, was a very pretty girl with long dirt blonde wavy hair that went just past her chest. She had these golden brown eyes that were just huge and looked like they were full of wonder. Her face was delicate. Besides her eyes, her features were quit small, which oddly with her eyes being so big, it didn't look strange at all, not like one would expect. It actually worked for her and made her look innocent. Her frame was small but she wore a dress that wasn't so elligant, like she seemed to be herself. It was, how could I put it lightly? Well, a little slutty...and that's being nice.

“Master Zero!” She squealed. “I knew you'd be back!” Her voice was so loud we didn't even have to roll down the windows or even get out of the car to hear her. Her voice echoed through the whole garage.

The vampires who had gotten out of there cars and trucks by now looked over and laughed to themselves as they walked past the truck, heading out of the garage. Her eyes shifted to Jake now.

“Hi Jake!” She continued to squeal. Jake and Zero glanced at eachother.

“Hi Anabelle...” They muttered but she still was able to hear them. She crossed her arms.

“You don't seem very excited to see me, Master Zero.” She pouted.

Her eyes were back on Zero and I didn't like the way she was looking at him. I subconsciously frowned, grabbing Zero's arm. He looked down at me in a way that seemed he was glad I was there. I grabbed his arm a little tighter.

It was then that I noticed that she seemed to just notice me. Her face twisted, her fangs baring, for the first time in my life I knew what fear really was. I grabbed his arm even tighter. Zero looked at Anabelle now and tensed.