chapter 17: wounds

He sat up. The sun had just gone down. He rolled off the broken bed and opened the door across the room. He came back in a flash with one of his shirts and a pair of his boxers.

"We need to go get your clothes." He handed me the clothes.

I put them on. I wasn't sure how long I could keep them on or how long it would be before he ripped them off of me. I got to my feet.

"Let's go then." I was excited to run again. He laughed at my excitement. I was ready to get out and take off.

"Let's see if Jacob and Shane want to come." He suggested.

We both snickered. He took my hand, after getting dressed himself and led me downstairs. When I walked I felt light. Sneaking up on someone would be easy. He led me down the dark hallway. I had only ever been upstairs. Even though the hallway was dark, I could still see clearly. We passed each closed door where I could hear multiple conversations all too well at the same time. I cringed.

"You'll learn to ignore it." He promised gazing down at me.

We finally got to one of the last doors. Finally. Actually it only took half a second. He opened the door. They both let out a groan.

"You don't have to come." Kale shrugged, rolling his eyes at them.

"Where are we going?" Jacob stood now.

I pointed at the clothes I wore that were obviously not mine. They both understood. Shane seemed very distant. I instantly felt bad, even though he walked right into seeing. I wondered what it must feel like to be in love with someone who would never love you back. To have to think about them constantly with someone else.

Now I was wishing, for his sake, that I never met him. To save him the pain. It was too late for Jacob. He was already in Zero's clan. I just wanted to know what I did to them so I wouldn't do it anymore.

When I came out of my thoughts, they were both glaring at Kale's arm around my waist. Probably wondering if he would ever let me go. I sighed. I hoped that if we ever did get married, they wouldn't be completely heart broken.

We took off as soon as we hit the front door. Jacob and Shane easily kept up. Shane evern managed to get between me and Kale. I knew all too well what we both felt as soon as we were that far apart. I looked at him the same way he looked at me, longing to be beside eachother. We both looked away at the same time, trying our best just to consentrate on running and not tearing either of them apart. Jacob ran on my other side. It felt strange. We were soon at my aparment. We all stopped abruptly.

"Who's scent is that?" I asked, my nose wrinkling. I didn't like it.

"Dante." Kale murmured. He pushed his way back beside me.

"He's been gone for a couple hours." Jake assured us.

We hesitantly followed him in. My apartment was awful! It was torn apart. Things were broken, but nothing missing.

"Be quick." Kale ordered quietly.

I shoved as much as I could into the duffle bag I found. Kale watched me half amused as I ran around my room like a tornado. I obviously wasn't quick enough. First we heard the shattering from the front room, followed by my bedroom window being shattered. I found myself in Kale's arms. Dante stood in front of us. Anabelle was at his side.

"You were right!" Dante let out excitedly. "Thank you for doing my job for me, Zero."

"I didn't do it for you!" He hissed.

Dante shrugged. There was a very distant howling sound that no one but me paid attention to.

"It'll be much easier to get her to join me now."