chapter 20: Emily and Quality Time

Obviously it didn't take very long to get to the familiar black house. The only ones who greeted us were Jacob and Jared.

"What's going on?" Kale seemed to growl. Jake shrugged.

"We're not really sure. They told us to wait for you. They're on Mavericks land."

"But we're not allowed there anymore--" I began.

"Maverick doesn't have a problem with it but we'd better get out there."

We nodded, following them to the mountain. We got there in a matter of minutes. Shane was waiting anxiously. He was fidgetting and looking around wide-eyed.

"Are you okay, Shane?" I asked concerned about the way he was acting.

His eyes found mine. He smiled, the way most people smile at eachother when they haven't seen eachother in awhile. I smiled back. He looked away, clearing his throat.

"Of course I am. Though, why it matters to you, I'm not sure." He spoke to the blazing fire.

"Shane--" I began, frowning.

He acted like he didn't care about me in the least bit, not even as a friend. Did mine and Kale's union do this? If it didn't, shouldn't I be even a little bit happy? I wanted the in love with me feeling to go away but never the friendship, never the love in that sense to go away.

"Jamie." He hissed at me through his teeth but he didn't look at me.

"So, these are the newly weds?" A female voice cut clearly and high-pitched through my ears.

I looked behin Shane, seeing a tell tan-toned female. Her hair was dirty blonde and was in a long french braid. She was very pretty, like all the girls I knew. Her beauty was almost intimidating. It just depends on if she's an Anabelle or an Anya.

Then I noticed her brilliant hazel eyes. Beside her were two males. One with short dark brown hair. He was bigger then the other one but they both had tan-toned skin. The other one had more of the female's color hair, dirt blonde but was just as short as the other guy's hair. They both had hazel eyes. They were werewolves.

"You were human not too long ago?" The female asked curiously as she stood beside Shane now. He took a subtle step away from her, becoming very stiff.

"That's right." I nodded. "It's been about nine months."

She smiled, seeming friendly enough.

"I hope you enjoy your new life. It should be exciting living in our world."

I nodded in agreement. "It already has been."

Kale watched them with wary eyes, standing so close beside me it almost seemed protective.

"Lovely." She continued to smile.

"Who exactly are you?" Kale interrupted our friendly banter.

"Oh. We haven't been properly introduced. I'm sorry." She apologized. "I'm Emily. These are my brothers, Zane," She pointed to the bigger one with the dark hair. "And Ivan." She gestured to the one with hair like hers.

Taking a good look, paying attention to detail, I could tell all three of them were siblings. She looked at us waiting.

"Kale and my wife, Jamie." He introduced us, smiling at me then was quick to turn a frown on Emily as he looked back at her.

"Is there a reason why you're here?"

"Yes. We heard from Shane that some friends of his were getting married. Surprise, surprise when we discovered his friends turn out to be vampires. We had to see for ourselves."