Chapter treinta y cinco

Emma's PoV:

I look myself in the mirror and smile. Today is friday and school is already over. We were told that the party begins after school, so most of us quickly went home to change. I finally found my dress, yesterday when dad took me to the mall for ice cream. If I didn't see dresses in the windows of stores, I would've already forgotten.

I twirl in my white dress. Well, it used to be white, but I put some grey and red in it. I still can't believe I destroyed a dress, that I just bought. Well, dad bought it, but still. Thank god it wasn't expensive. Only like twenty bucks.

I'm almost ready with my look. My make up just needs some finishing touches. I jump slightly when I hear a car honk outside. I groan and look out of my window. Bradley is sitting in his car in front of my house, waiting impatiently for me to finish.

"Almost ready!" I yell down at him and close my window again. I finish my make up, happy at how it turned out and quickly grab my purse. I skip down the stairs and halt in front of my parents in the living room. I groan when I see them making out on the couch.

"Ugh, get a room." I say, breaking them apart. My dad chuckles and my mom clears her throat, before her eyes widen at the sight of me.

"Oh my gosh, Emma. You look amazing." She says, standing up and looking at my dress. I smile proudly and make a twirl.

"How did you get the tire prints to look so real?" I hear my mom ask and laugh.
"I drove over the dress, obviously." I say, making her gasp.

"You really drove over that dress?" She asks and I nod.
"Do you want to know how she got the blood to look so real?" My dad jokes, coming to her side and eyeing my dress as well. I laugh when my mom hits his arm playfully.

"I need to go. I'll probably crash at Zada's. Don't wait for me." I say, knowing I'll come home very late. It's better they think I'm at Zada's and go to sleep early, so they don't worry all night long. They nod and I quickly exit the house.

I walk towards Bradley's car. I love how easy my mom is when dad is around. They are so in love and I hope they'll never divorce. They do have smaller arguments every once in a while, but I think that's healthy in a relationship.

"Damn, girl." I hear Bradley say and laugh. I step in and put the seat belt on. He brings the car to life and off we are. I look at his attire, almost laughing at his green suit. He looks so funny, but somehow it fits him. His tie is purple and he has blood coming out of his nose and the edge of his mouth.

"You look cool." I tell him, making him chuckle. I know he didn't even try, but at least he's here, despite the fact that parties aren't his scene anymore.

"Thanks. You look amazing. Where did you get that dress and who did your make up?" He asks. I notice his mood is slightly better than the past few days. I wonder why.

"I got that dress from some shop in the mall yesterday. I don't remember how it was called. And I did my make up, dummy." I say, making his eyes grow wide and look at me.

"You did that make up? I didn't know you could paint that well." He says, making me chuckle.
"Well, now you know." I shrug and he nods.

"Very well done, Em." He says again, making me blush, but due to my make up you don't see that.
"Thank you." I say.

As we finally arrive at the school, the sky is already darker and the sun is almost gone. Just the perfect time to go to a party. Although this time of the year has longer nights than days here in Sandstone hill. So, I'm kind of surprised to see that it's only seven p.m.

We see a few other cars already parked and a lot of students walking in with us. Bradley offers me his arm and I gladly hook my elbow with his. We walk in together and he leads us towards the gym. I'm really impressed by the decorations, that weren't there when we were in school today.