HIDDEN PHOTO FRAME

Sunday 17th of January 2016

Tyler's POV

Leaning back from hugging Dawson and Leo. I see that she's smiling happily that I agree with her. Dawson had this wavy hair, that reached her hips that whenever she moved her head in a certain direction, it lit up gold, reminding me of the beach sand that's about an hour away from here, nobody ever goes there. It's captivating, making her green eyes stand out.

She's changed so much since I first saw her. She came into my History class halfway through interrupting Miss. Lapps telling us about the Titanic sinking, even though she could've just put on the movie.

We were all getting restless, everyone whispering to each other instead of listening to Miss. Lapps, I felt sorry for the lady, I could she was passionate about her job, but was too quiet and not strict enough to handle a class of twenty plus, loud thirteen-fourteen year olds.

I was a loner, but I don't care in the slightest, I chose to be that way. We all looked up when a loud knocking came from the classroom door. It made everyone shut up and face forward. I rolled my eyes at them all as the teacher said come in.

She was standing in the doorway, with the new school uniform on, it didn't look as bad on her as much as it did on some of my other peers. The new head-teacher Miss. Genso, right behind her glaring at us not to do anything wrong. Well, I guess we're getting a new student, I wonder what she's like.

I stare at her face as she talks with both teachers at the door, she had this look in her eyes but only if you look close enough. A look that made me feel wretched, it made me want to know why she had that look in her eyes, it reminded me when I watch a sad movie, an actor has to make the lost look of abandonment. That's what her eyes told me.

Miss. Genso left, and I could feel everyone buzzing in anticipation when Miss. Lapps says, "class, I'm pleased to say we have a new student, would you like to say your name?" I saw the boys in my class sit up wanting to know who the pretty girl is, me too but for a very different reason.

Instead of answering, she just shakes her head, making everyone and me confused, Miss. Lapps mouth drops a little, "well ok, why don't you seat at any spare sit and I'll introduce you."

Dawson's eyes drag over the whole room not caring for us as she moves slowly to the empty seat in front of the teacher's desk, no one except Abby, who is right next to her, sits there, we were all quiet for a change staring at the back of her head.

"Class welcome, Dawson Sage. She has just moved here from overseas." We say hi, not wanting to be mean to the girl, in that moment I knew I was going to make sure we are going to be friends.

After a couple of weeks, we shared a decent number of classes together, but in all of them, whenever I saw her, she would always have her head down, or just cribbing on work paper whenever she had finished, she only talked if it was absolutely necessary.

She would always answer everyone's questions in short responses, very kindly, she was never disrespectful. A couple of the others in the classes tried to get her to tell them a bit about herself, curious, to tell their friends but she didn't bite. She just responded with her name and that she came from a city overseas. Strainton, she told me.

I know she's been through something before she got here, anyone with eyes could tell just by glancing at Dawson, so I made it my mission to be her friend by going up to her asking her interesting questions when she's alone, I tried to get her to laugh and walked with her to class but she didn't budge.

I told her that mostly everyone's really nice- that she'll like them, I thought if she didn't want to tell me anything, I'll tell her about myself. After two days of this, she began to open up and ask questions and we clicked. We've been best friends ever since.

Leo brought me out of my memories by letting out a loud gurgle sound, he kicked his legs up and down, he's absolute adorable and knew he'd look just like the male version of Dawson when he's older. "What's up, Leo?" Dawson asks him in a serious tone, we both chuckle when he stares up at her with his little mouth forms an O shape.

Dawson picks Leo up and hugs him to her shoulder, kissing his chubby cheeks, "Do you want mummy, yes, well ok then," She adds standing up. Dawson turned her sharp gaze to me, "I'll be a couple of minutes Tyler." she confirmed.

I shrugged, gently, "take your time." I shuffle my bum to lean on the front of the couch to admire the square room I was currently sitting in. It felt homely as I take my time scanning the warm grey coloured walls.

At the side of me is a tall floor to ceiling fireplace, made of those big pebble stones. Dawson said it was here when she moved in. There also are two long black shelves that I really loved on each wall, that shined with the window bringing in natural light, bouncing off the shelves.

They're showcasing different sized coloured photo frames filled with Dawson, Amelia and Leo all at different times in the last year. There this one photo though that showed a young Dawson dressed in a pink frilly dress.

She's beaming so big you'd see that her top left tooth missing, but the real part of the photograph that caught my attention, was who's holding her in the background. The picture was at the end corner, farthest from the fireplace. Like it's hidden, I wouldn't have seen it if I wasn't looking.

This man in the image is happy, blissfully smiling as he has Dawson in his arms. He looks the spitting image of Dawson, the same straight nose, eyes, but she has her mom's lips and ears. The man has a fine suit on, I think that's Dawson's dad but I couldn't see him in any other frames.

Maybe I ask her about it later on. "You ready?" I jumped facing Dawson, she has her arms folded in amusement, as I get up, dusting my jeans off.

"We're we going?"

"I want to go to the beach, and before you ask me if that just a front so we can throw eggs at my imaginary boyfriend's window, it's not." I gave her a wolfish grin- she knows me so well.

Dawson's POV

We reached the beach after a long walk down just making small talk about rubbish we wouldn't remember about. There are a couple of others on the beach, but we moved further down to my spot I found, well, Tyler showed me, but I come here double as much as he did now.

The air's crispy fresh, along with our feet sinking into the warm golden sand that lay below us, casting our shadows on the ground ahead of us.

Taking in the sight before me always left me breathless. Every time I come down to the beach, either early in the morning when I run from my house to here, or when I go to work at the Tanner's café, that is an extra ten-minute walk up from the wide open road behind us.

Tonight it's almost sunset, blazing rich sun yellows, oranges and reds all fused together making it appear like wildfire. The horizon gives an impression of being so close. I literally felt like I could reach out my palm to stroke it, but the warm navy blue waves soothe back and forth between us. The smell of salt travelled up my nose. The aroma always makes me feel relaxed.

"Come on Dawson!" Tyler Bellowed up to me, making me jump, his dirty blond hair looked more blond with the sun hitting it. Tyler sat down and began to take off his socks and shoes, then started rolling up his pants, I followed his lead.

"So you get me down here, now what do you want to do?" He questioned me, a rebelled reflected in his brown eyes. I took a large gulp, I breathed it out slowly, frowning, "I'm going to tell you about my dad." I definitely took him off guard. 

I dedicate this chapter to Kaley @ALWAYS13LWWY Please go check her out she is so lovely.

Cliff-hanger, what do you lovelies think of this chapter. I know it's quite short.

Trying to write Tyler's POV did you like it?

How do you think Tyler will take it.

Don't forget to comment, vote.

thanks for reading :D